Impulse buy ....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Dale, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Dale

Dale Member

I am a tweed guy. I decided to order the Les Lius dual. For the times I can't crank the buggers. I am looking forward to it.

2. dmczern

dmczern Member

Very cool...please let us know how you like it :aok

3. Chadley

Chadley Member

Just got mine for Christmas (along with a Kanji E).

This pedal kills. I wasn't certain of how I was going to like it but it looked kinda interesting and had some killer clips online. I was after a OD with a lot of character and different kind of sound than the run of the mill TS9 clone.

With the absence of a tone control and very limited volume and gain controls I was almost certain that it would be a plug in once in a while pedal that wasn't on my board. Well.....after playing it for about 20 seconds I was figuring out in my head what other pedal was going to get benched so that I could make room for it. It sounds amazing and simply put, has a ton of vibe. Playing through this pedal makes we want to play for hours and hours, milking every notes for its sustain and harmonics.

Contrary to what I have read, it stacks incredibly well. I really like the sound of a TS9 style pedal in front of it (bye-bye DLS and OCD). The "stack" channel is cool as well. It sounds just like the regular channel, but a lot more gain and totally changes the feel of the pedal. It has a lot of fuzz characteristics and gives you that "gonna blow up any minute" super saggy rectifier thing that a good tweed amp does when being pushed hard.

I am running it before a Tim, so I do have some EQ options available. These were my first two Lovepedals and it has really opened my eyes to the brand.

As for the Kanji, not really digging it....probably going to end up on the emporium. It sounds to Tube Screamer-ish to me. Not saying it is a bad pedal....I just already have that ground covered and the Kanji doesn't seem to do it any better than my Fox Rox ZIM does.

4. Dale

Dale Member

Thanks! I will let folks know what I think of it. It is pretty sensitive to volume control it appears. How does it do with pick attack?