Impulsivity killed my wallet.

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by benbenben, Apr 22, 2008.

1. benbenben

benbenben Member

Strobostomp
    Fulltone Standard Clyde Wah
    Visual Volume
    Keeley Compressor
    200lb of Tone
    Silver Kiss
    Eternity
    Zendrive
    ? Lady
    RC Booster
    DD5 x 2
    Analogman AR20DL
    Verbzilla

within 2 weeks, i had a sudden need/want/impulsion to change my direction of pedals. A lot of this would be due to readings of TGP of course, but also a sudden realisation of my playing style and direction for the future. So i guess it's good too.

NEW BOARD
    Strobostomp
    HOG + Expression pedal + foot controller
    Visual Volume
    Eternity
    Silver Kiss
    200lb of Tone
    RC Booster
    DD5
    Empress Superdelay (pre-ordered)
    Empress Tremolo

I admit the HOG did take a lot of reading and viewing of videos but I really love what it does... I really hope i don't regret it cause i sold a hell of a lot of good pedals to fund it...... Can't wait for my empress trem to arrive, as well as the superdelay!

2. j_m_s

j_m_s Member

Make sure you get us clips of the new board!

3. paraedolia

paraedolia Member

That Empress trem kills. Good choice. If I had any kidneys left to sell, I'd be buying one of those too.

4. benbenben

benbenben Member

Let's hope i made the right choice. I just had too many drives on my old board for my liking. I loved each of the drives, but i ended up using whatever was most convenient to step on. I guess for me, I'm more into making cool sounds and filling the atmosphere than choosing which hi gain drive to use. So i had to cut down my drives and my fuzz.

5. orogeny

orogeny Supporting Member

hey benbenben!glad to see the ole silver kiss made the cut. . . . did the analogman delay get the bump? tell me about it either way. . . . what does it remind you of (if anything)?

6. jtees4

jtees4 Member

Ain't it true...the more you read about GAS...the more the GAS. It's a big 'ol circle...goes round and round. Certainly has me in it's grips. Good luck with yours!

7. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

wow you got a hog i'm jealous

8. enocaster

enocaster Member

"Impulsivity killed my wallet" is a good candidate for a TGP slogan.

9. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

how about, "crack kills, and so does good tone"

10. camitchell

camitchell Member

I was just going to say that..... :)

11. Stressfest

Stressfest Supporting Member

No, no, no...Your new board is all WRONG!! What you really need is... :D

12. benbenben

benbenben Member

Freak, i was looking through the EHX website for a manual for the HOG and i had a quick look at the micro synth, a quick perve became a stare, the stare became an infactuation..
    ... grabs wallet.....

better not be soo impulsive this time around.. but i really love the insane synth tones u can get from the micro synth. It's totally different to the HOG!

ON another note, anyone got measurements in inches/cm of the HOG, the foot controller and the M-audio it comes with? I'm trying to plan the spacing of my board so i've got little paper cutouts for the pedals which are on the way... :D

13. benbenben

benbenben Member

I had to bump the Analogman, not because it was bad or anything, i love the warmth of it, i can imagine is similiar to a DM-2, which I've not tried before. I loved how it could get into sweet sweet oscillation as well. The reason it was bumped was to make way for the Superdelay. The superdelay was just an offer i couldn't resist so my delay needs will be covered by one of my DD5s and the superdelay. I'm keeping the DD5 just for more instant, no frills delay. The Superdelay will have my presets.

14. benbenben

benbenben Member

I just cut up a piece of paper with the measurements of the empress tremolo and delay. I'm not sure if my knowledge of inches is off, but it's FREAKING Tiny?!

I was expecting it to be bigger... please correct me if I'm wrong here, 4.5" by 3.5" is slightly wider than a standard boss pedal just a little wider, when turned on the side?! That's space saving and SO glad if that's the case..

15. shaneygoo

shaneygoo Member

I just started building my pedalboard... i'm way too impulsive, like i probably should have just saved up for the nova system or hog they do so much

from what i've seen on videos that hog can at least... do wah, pog, envelope filter, a synth and a whammy and/or a mixture of those?

16. benbenben

benbenben Member

YEH! That's why i spent my money on it.. That said, i did sell a lot of my "boutique" drives to fund it. I just had too many drives.

The HOG does a WAH but it's not a standard classic wah, I hardly used my fulltone though but i loved it, i sold it.. hope i don't regret it, but i'm not too fussed abt a GREAT wah sound, as long as it does that sorta filter sweep, i'll be fine :D