• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

In depth M13 review, other users please chime in!

I purchase a Line 6 M13 a few weeks ago and wanted to give a short review. I've used it quite a bit, for everything from recording to a few little jam sessions. I can say that the M13 has allowed me to sell quite a few of my pedals, and not really miss them. I kept all of my vintage and discontinued items, as well as my Whammy 5 and Ernie Ball MVP. The M13 makes recording, writing, and jamming so much easier. These are my favorites:

Octo Reverb:

I'm not a big shimmer fan, but this one sounds great. It's just "wet" sounding enough, and isn't too hi-fi or piercing. It adds a cool texture behind your guitar that never sounds cheesy or over the top.

Particle Reverb:

This one is pretty unique and pad like, very haunting and cool. I especially like this one running into some delay. Set to the least "stable" setting with mix and decay cranked sounds breathtaking in stereo.

Cave Reverb:

This is my favorite standard ambient reverb in the unit. It's just the right balance of cold, huge, and lush, and has a lot of the qualities I like about my RV-3. Definitely a winner!

Lo Rez Delay:

This is the delay I use 90% of the time. It reminds me a lot of my DE7. The repeats sit behind your signal nicely, and they have a very textural feel. This could easily be a pedal all on it's own.

Analog Delay

This is what I use for dotted eighths, the repeats are nice and "solid" but still have a nice warmth to them, so it's perfect for this application. This also sounds great for leads.

Boost Comp:

I use this to lift certain parts out of the mix, or as a subtle overdrive. This model impressed me A LOT. For my uses it sounds better than my Morning Glory did. The bass, treble, and comp controls are invaluable.

Line 6 Distortion:

I like this model for distortion sounds that are just totally over the top. I use it like I would use a big muff, and dialed in right it sounds great for shoegaze and post rock. I should also mention that it sounds fantastic for that obnoxious 90's death metal and industrial sound.

Analog Chorus:

The perfect chorus sound, in my opinion. Ominous, lush, but never cheesy. Think like the Metallica clean chorus sound. This is probably my favorite chorus that I've ever owned.

Opto Tremolo:

Again, probably my favorite tremolo I've ever owned. It's very full sounding, I actually prefer it to the trem in the TRRI I owned.

Noise Gate, Tap Tempo and Looper:

The utility aspect of the M13 is very well executed, all of the above work beautifully.

The Bad:

Spring Reverb and 63' Spring:

Not bad necessarily, just kinda meh. Nowhere near as inspiring as the Hardwire Supernatural Spring.

Blue Comp Treb:

Noisy and piercing, not for me.

Univibe:

This is probably the only model in the M13 that I think is truly awful. It sounds comically flimsy.

Pitch Glide:

Again, just kind of meh. This might be passable if you're doing an RATM cover and need it just for that one song, but for whacked out, psychedelic pitch shifted craziness, it pales in comparison to the Whammy 5.

Overall:

The M13 is a great unit. The design is very intuitive, it really is like twisting knobs on a pedal. I also really appreciate that they kept the Script Phase 90 and Dyna Comp models down to one and two knobs. I feel like all of the algorithms really hold up after all these years, and I can't honestly say they sound inferior to the Strymon and Eventide products I've owned. There is a slightly unnatural sounds to some of the models, but as someone who plays shoegaze, post-rock, ambient, etc. this isn't unwelcome. The format of the M13 is unbeatable as well. Anyone else still loving their M13? I thought I would be cool if everyone posted their favorite models, settings, etc.

Transmisser

I loved my M9 and M13 when I had them - especially the ability to loop and add effects. I got super weird with those boxes. I ended up selling them for other things, mainly in hope that an M series killer would be released at some point in the future.

I was going to pick them both up again, but now that the Fractal FX8 is out, I'm going to invest in that.

godskid9876

Great unit! great price! Great Review as well, thank you for putting the time in that we can benefit from it. I have owned 4 now, and loved each one, but, They don't last long if your working a lot. My latest M13 I decided to fix some of the things lacking. Thank God that I wasn't the only one. I was grateful to find several other fellows online that were doing the same. I would encourage the Reviewer to check out JVH3 online. I think this company has done very well identifying and finding solutions that are quite good. The foot switches on the M13/M9/M5 are just bad, I think Line 6 really should spend a couple extra dollars to fix the switch issue or they are going to lose business. I've had 4 M13's because either a footswitch went bad while in warranty or out.
Long story short. Line 6 needs to come out with a M13 Pro or something. I've changed out all 16 footswitches with upgraded actual Stompbox style Momentary N/O soft touch switches and wired them pigtailed to the PCB. I've also added a MIDI Usb port and a programable Midi switcher inside the box. Think MIDI Mouse, 2 extra switches mounted were the logo is, USB port on the back. One switch preset up the other down. This allows me to set up my set tweak my sounds and then easily switch between scenes or any combination of the of the 4 effects that can be used at a time. This Mod was a game changer for me because I simply could make a preset for each song and instantly switch between scenes and the individual effects. Anyway... it's 4am and I'm tired. I've done many things with my M13 it all started with getting fed up with with the stock footswitch pads breaking.
I'm a big fan of all the "M" series Line 6 stuff, even though Line 6 really should fix the common problems it has like the foot switches. I would gladly pay more for a unit that will hold up under regular use. For God's sake the Line 6 M13 users have developed these fix'es not Line 6, there is no R&D to be done, why can't they just follow the direction's?

By the way I'm a 55 year old church worship player, I'm easy on my gear.

Last thought: It would be nice if Line 6 would be as devoted to there users as we are devoted to them.

I purchase a Line 6 M13 a few weeks ago and wanted to give a short review. I've used it quite a bit, for everything from recording to a few little jam sessions. I can say that the M13 has allowed me to sell quite a few of my pedals, and not really miss them. I kept all of my vintage and discontinued items, as well as my Whammy 5 and Ernie Ball MVP. The M13 makes recording, writing, and jamming so much easier. These are my favorites:

Octo Reverb:

I'm not a big shimmer fan, but this one sounds great. It's just "wet" sounding enough, and isn't too hi-fi or piercing. It adds a cool texture behind your guitar that never sounds cheesy or over the top.

Particle Reverb:

This one is pretty unique and pad like, very haunting and cool. I especially like this one running into some delay. Set to the least "stable" setting with mix and decay cranked sounds breathtaking in stereo.

Cave Reverb:

This is my favorite standard ambient reverb in the unit. It's just the right balance of cold, huge, and lush, and has a lot of the qualities I like about my RV-3. Definitely a winner!

Lo Rez Delay:

This is the delay I use 90% of the time. It reminds me a lot of my DE7. The repeats sit behind your signal nicely, and they have a very textural feel. This could easily be a pedal all on it's own.

Analog Delay

This is what I use for dotted eighths, the repeats are nice and "solid" but still have a nice warmth to them, so it's perfect for this application. This also sounds great for leads.

Boost Comp:

I use this to lift certain parts out of the mix, or as a subtle overdrive. This model impressed me A LOT. For my uses it sounds better than my Morning Glory did. The bass, treble, and comp controls are invaluable.

Line 6 Distortion:

I like this model for distortion sounds that are just totally over the top. I use it like I would use a big muff, and dialed in right it sounds great for shoegaze and post rock. I should also mention that it sounds fantastic for that obnoxious 90's death metal and industrial sound.

Analog Chorus:

The perfect chorus sound, in my opinion. Ominous, lush, but never cheesy. Think like the Metallica clean chorus sound. This is probably my favorite chorus that I've ever owned.

Opto Tremolo:

Again, probably my favorite tremolo I've ever owned. It's very full sounding, I actually prefer it to the trem in the TRRI I owned.

Noise Gate, Tap Tempo and Looper:

The utility aspect of the M13 is very well executed, all of the above work beautifully.

The Bad:

Spring Reverb and 63' Spring:

Not bad necessarily, just kinda meh. Nowhere near as inspiring as the Hardwire Supernatural Spring.

Blue Comp Treb:

Noisy and piercing, not for me.

Univibe:

This is probably the only model in the M13 that I think is truly awful. It sounds comically flimsy.

Pitch Glide:

Again, just kind of meh. This might be passable if you're doing an RATM cover and need it just for that one song, but for whacked out, psychedelic pitch shifted craziness, it pales in comparison to the Whammy 5.

Overall:

The M13 is a great unit. The design is very intuitive, it really is like twisting knobs on a pedal. I also really appreciate that they kept the Script Phase 90 and Dyna Comp models down to one and two knobs. I feel like all of the algorithms really hold up after all these years, and I can't honestly say they sound inferior to the Strymon and Eventide products I've owned. There is a slightly unnatural sounds to some of the models, but as someone who plays shoegaze, post-rock, ambient, etc. this isn't unwelcome. The format of the M13 is unbeatable as well. Anyone else still loving their M13? I thought I would be cool if everyone posted their favorite models, settings, etc.

lspaulsp

Gold Supporting Member
I've said it many times here. (Oh yea don't forget the RAT)
We did a blind test with many (maybe 10-15) pedals (green, red orange, black, blue, yellow, you get the idea) that are "in" the M series and sight unseen 90% of the time got lost on which was which side by side. No the tape dalay doesn't sound like a tape delay but it's very usable. Where else can you drop 4 individual delays in series? That's just sick. I still love mine. No switch problem yet (thank you lord).

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
Uni Vibe is GREAT if you use it subtly. I use it all the time.

Try Tube Comp and Tube Drive, too. And... the Rotary Drum is one of my faves, too.

Glad to hear other people love it as well! I'll give the univibe another shot. I'm also finding that the rat model makes a really nice medium gain overdrive.

UncleLarry

Been using mine continuously since '09 and haven't had any of the problems that are often touted on this forum. I only use the delay, verb and mod effects through the FX loop of my amp and it sounds great. The M-series has pretty much reached Boss pedal status. The hype has long past but they're everywhere, many working musicians use them, they work well and are simple to use, and they just plain sound good with a good player's hands.

Trending Topics