In Ear Monitoring question with Modeler(Helix)

Strattman76

I've been searching for a wireless monitoring solution for use with my Helix. Looking at IEM but I really like my AKG cans(K553 32ohm). Will an IEM reciever drive my AKG's or am I dillusional?

Alternatively, what IN Ears are you using for your modeler. I just play at home and would like to keep a system under $500. If it's possible. Sound quality is very important. I've read about the galaxy's on sweetwater for around $400 for the system.

Thanks in advance.

3dognate

I've been searching for a wireless monitoring solution for use with my Helix. Looking at IEM but I really like my AKG cans(K553 32ohm). Will an IEM reciever drive my AKG's or am I dillusional?

Alternatively, what IN Ears are you using for your modeler. I just play at home and would like to keep a system under $500. If it's possible. Sound quality is very important. I've read about the galaxy's on sweetwater for around $400 for the system.

Thanks in advance.

* I just play at home and would like to keep a system under $500. If it's possible.
* Sound quality is very important.

These two things do not go well together when one starts talking in ear monitors system.

The receiver will drive the AKGs... (I've used my ATH-M40x (also 35ohms with my MiPro and Carvin systems.) but it won't drive it hard by any stretch...impedance is way off as most of your in ear earbuds will be 18 ohms or less.

An important spec that you don't see on Sweetwater regarding the Galaxy AS-100 is that that audio frequency range of the Transmitter/Reciever is 60hz-16khz. http://www.galaxyaudio.com/products/as-1100#specifications

Bottom line is that you are going to be disappointed. Stay wired... Spend some real money or get a set of non-Bluetooth wireless headphones that are low latency.

Strattman76

Thanks. I really enjoy my AKG's with the Helix. Just received the L6 G10 and like being untethered. Be cool if I could do it with my phones.
Don't think Bluetooth is a good solution either.

I saw sennheiser has some in The $100-$200 range. They are UF I believe. Are there other options? I was wondering if some type transmitter/receiver components could be put together?

The lower end($500) IEM's don't seem to get good reviews either.
Thanks again.

chrisjnyc

I would not go wireless IEM for under $500... not a lot of good options, and you will likely get a lot of drops and noise. A few companies make a 2 in 1 cable. You would have one long cable, and on both ends you would have a 1/4" jack and a 1/8" headphone jack (female jack on one side).

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...GtrHeadCabTC&gclid=CMuHspjQl9ECFZCEswodRfEBVA

I have a Audio Technica M2 wireless, and Alien Ear IEMS.

IEM wirelesss = $600 new (and this is low end model)
Alien Ear custom IEMS = $420

Pietro

2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy
You are just playing at home? Lash a wired extension cable to your guitar cable and be done with it. You don't need wireless, and a 20-dollar extension cable sounds a HELL of a lot better than a 500-dollar wireless IEM unit.

Strattman76

I thought I'd ask. And am satisfied with my setup now. Just started thinking after getting the G10 if there was something out there that could work like the g10 but in reverse.

Thanks for all the replies.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom