In ear monitors --- point me in the right direction

Eskimo_Joe

Rocker, roller, way out of controller
Supporting Member
Can I buy my own without depending on the rest of the band to do the same?

walterw

Gold Supporting Member
yes, but only if you have your very own aux out on the mixer to create your monitor mix. (remember, sharing is right out with IEMs, i'd rather have no monitor at all.)

GTechNick

Do you feel these systems allow to hear things well without issues? In particular I'm interested because i'm hoping they could protect my hearing from loud band practices.
You can also look into getting "ambient ports" in your IEMs. They don't completely block out sound like most IEMs and some companies make them adjustable so you can change the outside "noise" to your liking.

boltrecords

I just switched to a stereo sennheiser system. Ew300iem.
In my opinion it sounds better than the Shute systems and easier to use. I owned the shure 200 and 600 system

boltrecords

I had in ears with an ambient port and for a live setting, as a guitar player, it seemed to cut out a lot of the low end which I didn't like.
Unless you're going to get the adjustable sensaphonics, I'd pass on getting an ambient vent. Unless you're mostly going to be using it for vocals. The the vent may be better suited.

Icegator8

Check out the Audio Technica systems. Rock solid, sound great, ability to mix in a lav ambient mic, and reasonably priced on the used market.

Trending Topics