• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

In most amps does built in reverb come before or after the effects loop?

StompBoxBlues

Sorry...but I am pretty sure it usually comes after the effects loop.
I think in all amps I have owned with both it does.

If it came before, for most folks that would mean you couldn't really use the reverb when you used the effects loop, as you wouldn't want to chorus, vibe, whatever on a reverb sound.

cisspcism

Carvin amps have it befoe the loop which is dumb, their argument...so when you use the send as a slave out to another amp, both amps will have the reverb.

Reverb should go after the loop. Like said before. You dont want to chorus, or flange your reverb tail

CrunchTone78

Sorry...but I am pretty sure it usually comes after the effects loop.
I think in all amps I have owned with both it does.

If it came before, for most folks that would mean you couldn't really use the reverb when you used the effects loop, as you wouldn't want to chorus, vibe, whatever on a reverb sound.
yep, mine as well - PV C30 (head), the reverb is after the loop, not before.

torquil

I checked the schematics for Mesa Boogie Lonestar and Mesa Boogie Mark IV. In those the reverb comes before the FX loop.

- Torquil

StompBoxBlues

I checked the schematics for Mesa Boogie Lonestar and Mesa Boogie Mark IV. In those the reverb comes before the FX loop.

- Torquil
I guess it is more common than I thought then...I never even thought any major amps did it this way, so it is a good thing I learned this.
Thanks to the OP for bringing it up!

mlp-mx6

The old Fender Rivera-series Concert and Twin II had the reverb before the loop. I always like a little chorus on the reverb wash, so I liked this arrangement.

Top Bottom