1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

In need of recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by moose2991, Feb 5, 2012.

1. moose2991

moose2991 Member

Im reducing my pedal board and starting from almost scratch. Im keeping a cry baby, a tube screamer, and a memory man. I have 3 vacant pedal spots. I don't know what I want to fill them with, so any suggestions for killer pedals?

2. jezzbo

jezzbo Member

3. ZeroChan

ZeroChan Member

What style of music, guitar, and amp please.

4. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Member

Tuner, flanger, chorus.

5. moose2991

moose2991 Member

I play rock, blues, funk, jazz... think steely dan. I want to incorporate more modern sounds though. The alternative rock, shoegaze sort of soundscapes. I hope that makes sense.

I use a Les Paul out of a Hotrod Deville.

6. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Member

Shoegaze? You should get some reverb, fuzz(maybe a Big Muff), and maybe another delay.

7. td2243

td2243 Member

Can somebody explain to me what shoegaze is and where did the name come from?

8. GtrDr

GtrDr Member

You need some modulation. A good Flanger will give you a Phase tone, a Chorus tone, a Leslie effect as well. I like the Ibanez AF-2 ($150) or my favorite the A/D A re-issue flanger ($250). Try a MXR Carbon Copy, I think you'll like it.