1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

In need of some help.....

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by weathertite, May 16, 2011.

1. weathertite

weathertite Member

Need a little help reloading.
    I finally got the firmware v11 update loaded. A technical giant I am not. In the process I lost factory preset #127, Madmans Diary, that I really kind of liked to use. Screen on Ultra just says bypass. How do I get the preset back? As I said I'm a bit technically challenged, being an old guy and such. Any suggestions, input, info. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Ed
    :huh

2. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

I believe the presets are all available to download:

For the Ultra: http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/Version9_00/axefx-ultra-preset-banks.zip

For the Standard: http://www.fractalaudio.com/Documents/Version9_00/axefx-std-preset-banks.zip

Just unzip these SYX files to a temporary folder, then in Axe-Edit, you can opt to upload '127 - Madmans Diary.SYX' into slot #127 on the unit.

I am just going from memory here (which is not very good). Let me know if you need any more details and I can fire up my Axe-Edit and walk you through...

3. weathertite

weathertite Member

No luck. Have tried everything I can come up with. Get it to load in AxeEdit, but will not transfer to hardware. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Ed

4. weathertite

weathertite Member

Got everything working except for factory preset #127. Just will not load to save my life. Guess it's time to give it up. Not the Ultra, just #127. Thanks for all the info though. Peace, out.

Ed
    :mob

5. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Can you open it in the editor? Or can some other user open it? Just write down the settings (or print them) and make a new patch....

6. weathertite

weathertite Member

I guess I will just have to copy from the editor manually into the hardware as you mentioned. Sort of weird, today I got it up in the editor and could actually play it and as soon as I touched anything on the editor to try and copy it was gone. Got it back on the editor, played it, left screen up and went to work. Got back home, computer went to sleep, pulled it back up and nothing. Everything shows up on the editor, just can't seem to get it to load on the Ultra. Beginning to wonder if it is possibly using the Eleven rack as the interface? All the other patches seem to be just fine.

Thanks for all the info. and suggestions. Still think the Ultra is an awesome piece of gear.

Ed