In need of WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SteelerFan88, Feb 20, 2012.

1. SteelerFan88

SteelerFan88 Member

I am going to add a wah to my invetory soon and need some direction. I am leaning towards the Fulltone Clyde standard.......how go's this one ?

2. Telebluze

Telebluze Gold Supporting Member

About 10 years ago I needed to replace the wah on my gigging board, I went through about a dozen of the top of the line wah's.....Fulltone, a couple different Teese's, a couple different Budda's, etc.......

I settled on the Budda.....really nice wah, it's been on my board the whole time and been gigged HEAVILY......not one bit of trouble out of it.

I also so kept the Fulltone, I haven't gigged the Fulltone, but it has a great voice as well.

My band plays stuff like Trower, Hendrix, Foghat, Cream, Bad Co, ZZ Top, Zep, etc......

Also of note, I'm not exactly sure when this took place, or if it effected production of the Budda......but Budda partnered with Peavey since I bought my wah.

You may want to investigate.....

Hope this helps.

Ken

3. josh_w

josh_w Member

I'm a huge fan of the Fulltone Clyde's. After going through a number of different wah pedals (Dunlops, RMC, Budda) I ended up with a Clyde deluxe and have never thought about switching. The RMC and Budda stuff was all great IMO, but the Fulltone just jived with me more.

What type of music are you wanting to use it with? That might help others give more directional feedback as to the wah's they've tried and like.

4. teleclem

teleclem Member

What wah sounds do you want? Any features needed like knobs or fuzz friendly circuitry?

I've had two wahs before - a US Vox that was modded and a Teese Wheels of Fire (RMC6). Decent wahs. I don't have one at the moment since I have other pedal priorities.

My friends all use Wilson wahs now. Maye you could check them out. He has lots of models.

5. InfoRob

InfoRob Member

Two very pertinent questions.

My personal preference leans towards Castledine wahs. Stu makes a mean wah.....and vibe....and a few other things, but definitely a quality wah.

~IR

6. Stratm69

Stratm69 Member

You better be ready to fork over an arm and a leg for these if you're buying resale...

There are plenty of viable options out there that can do a great job, if not better. I suggest trying all of the options that are readily available instead of blowing your load on top of the line, unobtanium effects and risking the chance of not liking it.

7. tibbon

tibbon Member

Roger Mayer Vision Wah. Done.

8. rp108

rp108 Member

Going against popular opinion here. I had the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe and didn't like it at all. We still used to track some leads but I found it harsh sounding, particularly the high end.

I have since sold it and got a Keeley modded Dunlop Crybaby and I think it's worlds above the Fulltone. Way more options and sounds better to me.

9. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

Can you wait a few months? :D

10. muzacman

muzacman Member

Big fan of the Teese Wizard wah. Much ballsier than the Cry Baby and the Teese Real McCoy. It's all personal opinion though, and depends a lot on your guitar and rig.

11. mannish

mannish Member

ha I used a Dunlop Crybaby last night for the first time in mnay years, It had just been collecting dust, didn't even know I still had it. It was fun

12. thewex

thewex Member

The BBE Wah has caught my eye lately. Great price point too. I've played a DOD wah for the better part of 20 years. I like the tone, and the small footprint

13. InfoRob

InfoRob Member

All very true and valid points to boot. However, after a long search of many many wahs, from normal to boutique to vintage, I found that the Castledine wah worked best for my setup and me. Opinions and results may very for others. :beer

~IR

14. jocfan1

jocfan1 Member

Personally I have a Keeley-modded Crybaby that is fantastic. Rp108 is right about the versatility, a lot of great sounds available. That being said, I have been intrigued ny the clips I've heard of the Keeler Stretch Wah. Never seen one in person, don't know much about it, but if someone offered to trade me one for my Keeley straight up, I'd at least be curious enough to play with it.

15. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

I'm a fan of the Clyde standard. It's a very musical Vox voiced wah and it does it for me more than the Buddas and Teese wahs I've owned. The only wah I liked as much was a Vox clone built by Creepy Fingers. I should NEVER have sold that one!

16. spitshineguitars

spitshineguitars Member

I recently picked up a Area 51 wah. LOVE it! My previous experience includes standard Crybaby and Vox, RMC Picture Wah which was great, but I'm really diggin' on this Area 51.

17. Randingo

Randingo Member

OK, you've piqued my curiosity. What can you tell us?

18. Seektone

Seektone Member

If you want to play it with dirt of various types and be the fattest on the planet: Teese RMC Wheels of Fire. Fat Fat Fat tone.