• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

In praise of musical gear demos!

Paul86

Hi all,
I like gear demos like anybody else here at TGP, but lately I've been kind of fed up with all the crappy players who inflict us with their less than stellar chops. So, to feel a bit better about my little addiction, I decided to ask TGP to post what you guys think are musical gear demos.
I'll start

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Nice playing, well recorded (! a big + often missing from other good players) and it sounds exactly like a Tele ought to sound.

-CM-

Something Clever Here
Gold Supporting Member
I really like the store demo of my Raven.

choucas09

This is a favourite of mine. Mike Burn is an engaging and enthusiastic host and by the end you have a very good idea of what an old Goldtop can do.

GearPig

If I'm looking at a pedal, the first thing I look for is a ProGuitarShop.com demo on YouTube.

burntumbers

I stopped watching proguitarshop videos cuz I don't like radiohead, black keys or pink floyd and that's all Andy seems to know how to play.

I like gearmandude for his straight foward playing, and drowning in guitars for his interesting pieces of gear.

Justnick takes too long to explain whatever he's trying to do.

Chapman and the captain...
starts with the most generic blues lick,
then Rob shreds while he sits there waiting like an obedient lapdog
for another go at some other generic blues lick.

Phil X is just ****ing annoying.

So is the man that everyone likes to harp on- Scott Grove,
but the stuff he owns, he knows every-single-****ing-detail about.

slev

A big +1 to Mark Lucas, although he has a very narrow style for his demos, and Gearmandude. I actually bought his Luther drive which is an awesome take on an 808.

straycat113

Being a big fan of EBMM guitars Blues Saraceno can be found on Youtube demoing just about every guitar they make in a very comfortable setting and putting the guitar through it's paces, also having chops to die for doesn't hurt.

I also like the guy Paul from Guitar World magazine who also gives a guitar a thorough workout running through each rhythm and lead setting.

Either you can't stand him or you love the guy (I fall in the latter) but Phil-X has his own off the wall style of demoing some of the greatest guitars ever made that most of us will never own lol, I don't believe he still does it anymore though since taking over for Sambora in Bon Jovi.

kurt1981

Silver Supporting Member
Mark Lucas is great, as isMikeHermans, I liked the way proguitarshop used to take a pedal and sweep through all knobs' range, rather than just showin afew of their preferred settings. I guess you can't have it all in a demo though, as you're not the one plying the gear right?!

TheClev

As seen on TV
Great playing and many, many different guitars. My go to for demos.

Every demo this guy does is an exceptional example of the instrument. He goes through pickup positions and demonstrates clean and dirty tones. Plus, he puts all the gear info in the description and NEVER wastes time talking. GregsGuitars is easily my favorite place to see/hear gear.

Trending Topics