In Praise of RYRA (Rock Your Repaired Amp)!

ItJustRocks

Platinum Supporting Member
I recently got a RYRA (Rock Your Repaired Amp) klone - #314. I used to own a silver Klon that I liked a lot and have had my eyes and ears out for something I liked. After a couple klones, KTR and getting wrapped up in the whole AF2 debacle trying to get a pedal, then my money back, I wrote the klone thing off. I then got a Cornish CC-1 that really served (and still does) my needs well and is a really versatile boosting pedal.
Fast forward to now, I decided to give the RYRA a try. Love the looks, Shane seemed decent and straight forward, good feedback from people, etc. I got the pedal about two weeks ago and all I have to say is "WOW!"
The best klone I've played (now I haven't played them all and won't). Really stellar booster that is working really well with my amps. I'm enjoying running it with the gain all the way down or just up a bit. While I still wish I had my silver Klon, this pedal is 1/6 the price I sold my klon for and 99% as good. I would say 100 percent but without the silver one here to properly A-B I can't say with certainty. I can say though that I really enjoy this pedal and its the first klone that I didn't have a "I need to sell this" reaction to.

A lot of output and I dial the gain knob more for the level of mids than the actual gain - which I like. For some applications, I prefer my old fulldrive, for others this pedal offers a different kind, but also stellar boost. With my amps (savage, at mars and Gomez) it is outstanding. Especially the Gomez G reverb. That amp with this pedal is something to behold.

Anyways, I know there are some great guys building klones and in my little world I found a winner with this one. I recommend it!

20160207_093130_zpsgfvyvowa.jpg

20160207_093114_zpsvnmwsuru.jpg

Last edited:

coltonius

Señor Member
Silver Supporting Member
I dig the new logo! I'm pretty stuck on the Rimrock Mythical OD, but I'd love to try one some day.

dshobe

Rocky Mountain Way By The Atlantic
Gold Supporting Member
Wow! Love the graphics! I bought one used and it is indeed stellar. It's an always on (almost) toneshaper for me.

gmann

I got one back in Dec. # 279. I have a Gold Horsey KLON that I bought in '97 for $350. It's gotten so expensive I don't want to take it to clubs anymore. We often play multiple days in the same club and leave our stuff. It's a pain taking the KLON of off the board. Anyway, I have tried several different klones in an effort to replace it. None really work that well for me. The Mythical OD came pretty close but not enough clean headroom. It did find a permanent place on my board as a light/medium OD, fantastic in that regard. I've actually played a couple of thousand gigs with the KLON in the 17 yrs since I got it, it's never been off of my board until Dec. so I'm pretty familiar with what it does for me in my rig and the sound I'm going for. It's an always on pedal. I played a long weekend with both side by side on my board and to my ears there's no difference except size and the RYRA has a little more headroom. If your lookin' for the KLON experience but don't have the money or you're just not willing to pay that much, (no, they're not worth what they go for now) this is the one. A lot of the others do KLON like along with other things such as switchable diodes etc.... The RYRA doesn't do anything except KLON, and it does it better than all the others I've tried. I haven't tried them all but now I have no desire to. Best part is I paid $169. although I think the price is up to $180 now. I got to pick the color, I went with gold and the oxblood knobs 'cause I'm so used to looking down and seeing my KLON but the available color selection is varied and pretty darn cool. I bought my direct fm Shane and he was super easy to deal with. If you want KLON, this is your pedal.

jsytsma

Cool looking pedal! I've got a Keeley Oxblood in the mail so I don't have any need for a "Klon-esque" pedal for now, but the demos sound fantastic.

mikes66

Silver Supporting Member
Have to chime in, no affiliations.
I have a silver klon and have had monsterpiece
AF1
Arc 1&2
Rimrock
LIGHT od
Ktr
Kalamazoo
Pedal Monsters..etc
My favorites next to the klon are
RYRA, AF1, MONSTERPIECE
in that order, the ryra is nicely balanced
and sounds great with the gain cranked too.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
Interesting you mention the Cornish SS1 in the same discussion. I did a little shootout a few years back between my silver Klon, the SS2 and a Zendrive for light crunch/always on. I used amps from a Hiwatt thru Marshall and Vox to a BF Pro Reverb with JBLs. The Cornish was clearly better for the Hiwatt and Marshall, the Klon killed it with the Pro and the Zen was kind of in the middle for all of them. I think it really depends on the amp voicing and the guitar what overdrive is going to be the perfect one, but if you've got Fenderish, reduced mids things going on a Klon is the way to go!

effectsman

I'd heard they are good. Thinking about giving it a try. Have only had the ARC Effects V1 and now the Archer Ikon and use it as a clean boost with just the slightest touch of mids.

agentcooper2001

Silver Supporting Member
I've been using the RYRA for the last few months. It's worked great for me. Sounds awesome through the Bad Cat CuB III and the Fender Hot Rod Deville.

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Received mine 2 weeks ago. #381. Its sandwiched in between my OCD > Ryra> Ts9.

Quickly became always ON- set as recommended with gain turned up just enough to have a light growl with hard pick attack.

Works great with my HRD, goosed from behind by the OCD and Pushed by the TS9.

Great pedal.

rh

Robo Sapien Noisemaker
Double Platinum Member
How long does RYRA take to fulfill orders? I ordered one a little while back, and there was nothing in their email to indicate the order would be delayed. Even if it took them three days to ship one, it'd be here by now (unless they used magazine postage, or something).

None of the menu options they say are on the page to check the status of your order actually exist ("My Account" or "Help"). Left a "contact us" message and voice mail and hopefully will hear back tomorrow.

Not stressed in any way at this early stage. Just wanted to check in with them.

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Usually it takes Shane about 6 weeks to build a Klone. Sometimes a bit longer. I think he'll get back to you soon with the status.

sdlogan9

How long does RYRA take to fulfill orders? I ordered one a little while back, and there was nothing in their email to indicate the order would be delayed. Even if it took them three days to ship one, it'd be here by now (unless they used magazine postage, or something).

None of the menu options they say are on the page to check the status of your order actually exist ("My Account" or "Help"). Left a "contact us" message and voice mail and hopefully will hear back tomorrow.

Not stressed in any way at this early stage. Just wanted to check in with them.

Yup it is about 6 weeks give or take. You can email me @ sdlogan19@gmail.com

I try to get back to emails asap, but I am extremely busy. As I do all the building/shipping/ responding to emails/inquiries about my products.

Hang in there you are going to love it!

-Shane

rh

Robo Sapien Noisemaker
Double Platinum Member
Yup it is about 6 weeks give or take. You can email me @ sdlogan19@gmail.com

I try to get back to emails asap, but I am extremely busy. As I do all the building/shipping/ responding to emails/inquiries about my products.

Hang in there you are going to love it!

-Shane

Super cool. No worries, and thanks a bunch.

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Wait, I just read all the threads last night and bought a Lil Mo because IT is the closest to the Klon! Now I find out today that the RYRA is the best! Damn! :D I seriously bought the Lil Mo because of its reputation, but also for its small size and top jacks.

I have owned several real Klons, KTR's, and Klones. We will see how the Lil Mo is. I have a great Klone a buddy built, but it is the size of the RYRA,and that is too much real estate for me.

Enjoy your pedal!

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I am a fan as well. It knocked the Rimrock MOD off of my board and has been there ever since. It's a really nice pedal and definitely get's the Klon thing done very well. Shane was very easy to deal with. PS I like the new graphics!

sanfi4u

Gold Supporting Member
Wait, I just read all the threads last night and bought a Lil Mo because IT is the closest to the Klon! Now I find out today that the RYRA is the best! Damn! :D I seriously bought the Lil Mo because of its reputation, but also for its small size and top jacks.
Relax, @cbpickin. Forget all your worries. You are in a Klon-dyke, a magical land of perfect horsie pedals. Any road here is guaranteed to take you to the endless sea of sonic nirvana. :D
I've got some more good news for you. It looks like Lil' MO managed to avoid compromises so often associated with fitting a pedal into a smaller enclosure. So I expect all three pedals to sound quite close and really good. I'll be able to confirm it as soon as I get my RYRA Klone.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom