In Praise of SCUMBACK Speakers...Simply Incredible!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by skhan007, Sep 6, 2008.

1. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

I just acquired my new pair of M75 Scumback speakers this week and installed them into my closed back Mesa Boogie Stiletto Ace 2x12 combo. Let me tell you this: I have never been as impressed with a fresh-out-of-the-box speaker in my 29 years of playing guitar...and they're not even broken in yet!

My amp is a Marshall-voiced circuit that runs 2 EL34s, 12ax7's, and is tube rectified. You know the recipe- flat out rock amp. I assume Boogie makes their speaker choices because they buy them by the megaton in bulk from Celestion, but the REAL tone of this amp is now coming to life with the Scumback M75's.

Here's the deal- perfect representation of the Greenback sound and no upper-mid harsh spike that one can get with some Celestion models. Just that really nice 'grind' and 'crunch' when you hit that open E chord and hear the each note ring. For me, it's like Ace or Angus on a really good night in 1977. That's what I'm getting now.

Can't wait till they're fully broken in. Man, I'm so happy with these speakers now and it's like I have a whole new amp! Nice, thick, raucous EL34 tone thanks to these Scumbacks. I finally have found my new favorite speaker!

Next, I will have to make some YouTube clips as soon as I can make some time. If you're thinking about replacement speakers, I would recommend Scumbacks without reservation. Most of you current Scumback owners pushed me towards these speakers when I inquired several weeks back...and I thank you all for the recommendation!

Cheers,

Khan.

2. michael.e

michael.e Supporting Member

Heh,
    I threw an 8 ohm H75 in to my Tone King 1-12 Combo. UNFREAKINGREAL!!!!!

Seriously, if something is decent, or so-so, it is out the door. This speaker, of all the choices, for a FENDERY amp, is phenominal.

Emee

3. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Time Warped Gold Supporting Member

Need to buy stock in Scumbacks!! :D OH wait.. I think I already have! LOL!!

My favorite speaker, too. Seems I am not happy with other speakers as much as I am with the scumbacks.. I have converted almost all my cabs with various models.

4. Pa'ani

Pa'ani Supporting Member

Congratulations on your new pair of Scumback M-75 speakers.
    They are simply incredible and sound absolutely amazing.
    I just installed my Scumback H-55 and a Scumnico 30 watt in my new
    Kerry Wright 2x12 cab and Wow! What a killer combination of Crunch and Chime so balanced and it just sings...
    I spoke with Jim Seawell earlier and he recommended that I install these Scumbacks in my open back Kerry Wright 2x12 cab.
    Originally I installed 70's Celestion Black Back that a buddy gave to me.
    Jim gave me more advice that the Black Back's sound and perform much better in a closed back cab.
    So with this newly acquired info, I put the Black backs in my Suhr CAA 2X12 cab.
    Any how enjoy your new setup!

5. Ricky_Rockhardo

Ricky_Rockhardo Member

I have had a H55/75 mix in an Avatar open back cab for a year and a half and they kill. They're getting better and better every day I play through them.