In praise of Stomp Under Foot Hellephant

Mnewman123

Silver Supporting Member
I'd like to give a shoutout to a new pedal I recently purchased - Stomp Under Foot's take on a fuzzface the Hellephant. I bought it after reading a review in Premier Guitar magazine - and being fairly new the fuzz pedal world I was looking forward to trying a fuzzface style pedal (I already have the Mojohand Iron Bell - more "muff" flavor and much more "saturated" sound and less "versatile" for my purposes). I played with the pedal last night at my weekly jam session through my 20 watt Chrome Dome Blues Jr. Deluxe (a gutted and rebuilt Blues Jr.) and really loved using this pedal. Its super expressive - gives you lots of different tones. I found myself keeping the pedal volume at around 9 and the gain/fuzz around 12 - and keeping my guitar volume knob down around 7 or so and just getting incredible sounds - hard to describe but closer to a distortion or overdrive sound. Just sounded natural and musical - super useful for rhythm work, leads - all manner of blues and rock. A turn of the guitar volume knob brought on the gainier fuzz sounds. This pedal really shined in a band situation.

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I just got mine in the mail today! It's a keeper! A huge, gnarly, lumbering beast of a fuzz pedal that obeys the guitar's volume knob? Sign me up!

:banana

geek-mo

Silver Supporting Member
I love this pedal! It makes me just want to play and play! And after that, I play some more. After tweaking the bias trim pot, it's got that crisp, punchy attack that I remember really liking about the Basic Audio pedals I used to have. Great note definition, too! All the girth and craziness off a Muff, but with volume knob cleanup. Fuzz perfection!

I need to check out some other SUF fuzz pedals. They clearly got it goin' on!

:banana :banana

:dude

Trending Topics