• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

In praise of the Birdcord

Grenville

A couple of years ago I bought myself a Songbirdfx Birdcord, a little device that converts a 5v signal from a powerbank battery, like one you might charge your phone with, into 9v so you can power effects pedals with it.

I left it, and the 10000mah powerbank I bought elsewhere, in storage for many months before getting them out and giving them a go late last year, in time for end-of-year gigs and celebrations.

Why did I leave it so long? Works a treat. I ran four rehearsals without recharging, and could have done several more. Being battery operated now, my board was quiet as a mouse.

Very impressed, well done Songbirdfx!

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I agree the powerbank plus 5-9v converter is a breakthrough. Unfortunately, the limit is still high draw devices. For example, the powerbank I bought is not quite strong enough to provide juice for my HX Stomp which would be a game changer for portability.

Grenville

Interesting thought. I tried it with a Strymon Iridium added to the board, and it works well.

Trending Topics