• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

In the Middle...

kirk95

Jazz Lines You Can Use in the Blues
[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/davidhenderson/in-the-middle[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Was playing with a whole bunch of new plugins and mixing techniques. Can you hear what is NOT in the middle?

Otherwise it's just a Tele and Strat thru a Champ and Deluxe Reverb..no pedals used.

Was just vibing out....

les

Platinum Supporting Member
Fantastic mix! Love the clear center mix… Great tone and excellent playing!

kirk95

Wow, in your FACE! Gorgeous Dave!
Thanks Mike!

antastic playing and sound, it seems that great part of "dumble" sound is in the fingers.
Thanks BluesMate! I agree!

Fantastic mix! Love the clear center mix… Great tone and excellent playing!
Thanks Les. You already know my "clear the middle" technique. For the others FYI, I am using a Waves plugin called to Center to clear out the middle of my Aux reverbs. This let's you use more reverb without cluttering/washing out the middle of the the mix. It opens up space for all the instruments in the center - kick, bass, lead instrument.

That's a good vibe!
Thanks peterdjp!

pinner

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome deep and hard groove. Great mix too!!! Everything was very articulate and easy to hear. Felt the tele had the RF tele blues feel for sure!!!!! Sweet!!!!!

TopDog

"jumping the valence"
Gold Supporting Member
Nice!

Great recording......

Reminded me of RF

kirk95

Awesome deep and hard groove. Great mix too!!! Everything was very articulate and easy to hear. Felt the tele had the RF tele blues feel for sure!!!!! Sweet!!!!!
Thanks Steve. Working on my mixing chops..... Guitar tracks = 10min.... Mixing = 3 hours.. LOL

Nice!

Great recording......

Reminded me of RF

Thanks TopDog! Dang I thought I was doing a Hendrix groove... LOL

Very nice man!
Thanks Bear!

love all your songs Dave. I'm a fan!
Thank you althrax! Appreciate that!

yea , i agree with this. nice clean recording and a nice groove! also some fine playing!
Thanks Bob!

JParry335

Yeah! What all these guys have said!
Very nice recording, great guitar tones, everything clear as a bell but warm as a summer evening. Tasteful playing abounds.
:beer

kirk95

Sounds very nice David!
Do you play the bass too? Nice groove.
Thanks rotren! Yes I am the bass player too.... Actually played bass before guitar..back in the day... Thanks so much for listening!

Yeah! What all these guys have said!
Very nice recording, great guitar tones, everything clear as a bell but warm as a summer evening. Tasteful playing abounds.
:beer
Thank you JParry335!!

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
Yeah! I could hear right away that something was different with the mix. I will be experimenting with that idea, put the plugs in a seperate bus and spread the middle just on the verb. etc.

Great sound and licks are a great fit for the groove.

Top Bottom