• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Incase Tour Bag, Reunion Blue, Mono

good soil digital

Silver Supporting Member
Ok, so I think I've read every thread devoted to this and still don't have a lot of clarity.

I have an opportunity to pick up a now discontinued Incase tourbag for a great price, but I can't find a ton of information on it.

I really like the look of the incase slim, but can't find one in stock anywhere.

In regard to the tourbag though, would I be better off going with a Reunion Blue or Mono bag instead?

Thanks for any clarity.

dave19er

I looked at all of these, and ended up going with the Reunion Blues Continental case. Absolutely love it. Use it for all of my electrics - Strats, Tele, Les Paul and PRS (well, except for my 335 - it's just too big). Gives great support, and has protection close to a hard case (watch their video where they toss a cheapy strat off the roof in the case).

Sniper-V

theyre all good. I have an incase and it's damn nice for a gig bag.
+1

These 3 are some of the best available and they're all great.

I personally own the Incase stuff: Tour Bag Elect, Tour Bag Acoustic, Dub Bag, and J.Mayer Camo Bag. I love these cases!

My cousin owns the Mono Dual Elect and I've handled the Mono Single. These are just as good as the Incase and I actually like the slimmer and opening design of the Dual Elect over the Incase Dub Bag.

Handled a Reunion Blue Acoustic and it was very sturdy.

alexn

I have the discontinued Incase that's the same one you're looking at, I think. Definitely sturdy and protects well, good pockets, it even came with a small removable backpack (that probably fits a 13" laptop), a yellow rain cover and a hook to hang the bag in the closet.

My only problem with it is that it doesn't secure the neck inside the bag. It does have a "pillow" to rest it on, but nothing to secure it from moving around. If your guitar fits snug, it's not a problem. I've used it with both a Tele and a Strat and it holds it well, not sure about others.

Also, the backpack straps are bulky. Very well padded, with a padded waist strap, etc, but thick. Unless you're planning to hike a mountain with a guitar on your back, they're probably a bit much. (I think they're the same ones that come standard on Incase bags).

Bottom line: I paid about $80 for mine after they were discontinued and at that price, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.

mwhy

Silver Supporting Member
Don't buy Reunion BLues! Got to the source: Glenn Cronkhite! http://www.glenncronkhite.com He's the founder of RB, but sold it to an overseas company, and you know what happened next. Contact him, and he'll custom make a gorgeous one for you.

I hate (with a passion!) the freakin' backpack straps on gtr bags these days. As mentioned, I won't be trekking K2 with a damn gtr, and quite purposefully do not own any granite gtrs. I miss the simple, single shoulder strap like on the old Mouradian bags. The most foot travel I do with a gtr on my shoulder is through an airport, and I always select a gtr for lightness for any fly-to gigs.

rhinocaster

Silver Supporting Member
I'm a huge fan of Glenn Cronkhite, but if we're talking about the RB Continental, then, Glenn doesn't offer any product like that.

I'm interested in the Continental and I'm wondering if anyone that has one can tell me if a Strat headstock has a bit of room between the end of the headstock and the bag. I'm looking at a custom Strat style that has a slightly longer headstock (Less that 1" longer) and I'd like to know if it would fit in the bag.

Thanks!

Trandy

Silver Supporting Member
Glenn makes a great bag....but it is much more expensive than a RB Continental bag.

I'm a huge fan of Glenn Cronkhite, but if we're talking about the RB Continental, then, Glenn doesn't offer any product like that.

I'm interested in the Continental and I'm wondering if anyone that has one can tell me if a Strat headstock has a bit of room between the end of the headstock and the bag. I'm looking at a custom Strat style that has a slightly longer headstock (Less that 1" longer) and I'd like to know if it would fit in the bag.

Thanks!

rhinocaster

Silver Supporting Member
Glenn makes a great bag....but it is much more expensive than a RB Continental bag.
I don't think you can compare a Continental to a Cronkhite. That's the mistake that's being made. Glenn doesn't even make a bag like the Continental.

If we're comparing the leather Cronkhite to the newer leather Reunion Blues, then there's no contest. Glenn's bags cost the same amount of money or less, and they're still made in the SF Bay area and they're better than the newer leather offerings from RB imo.

:)

hudpucker

I strongly recommend the RB Continental.

Signed,

Klutz who's already fallen on his on icy concrete.

Jim Soloway

I'll thow another name into the list: the Protec Contego. It's not quite as bullet proof as the RB Continental but it's much more streamlined.

And as has already been said: none of these bags are at all similar to the original or current Cronhite bags.

bgood

RB continental is a really nice bag but it's fairly large and heavy compared to a typical gig bag. I bought one to protect my SG when I drag it around NYC. My G&L bag suffices for my other guitars but if you want something really heavy duty and well made..... The Continental is great.

jmadill

Platinum Supporting Member
I used to use Incase bags, but I replaced them with Sadowsky's PortaBags.

The are basically Incase bags, but without the heavy duty hiking straps. The sides seem stiffer, and there is better support for the neck. The outer storage seems more accessible to me, as well.

Check 'em out.

http://www.sadowsky.com/accessories/portabag.html

-jm

good soil digital

Silver Supporting Member
Ya, I've looked at those portabags, but I don't see the comparison with the incase. Does anyone have personal pics other than the website pics?

reentune

Silver Supporting Member
I have both the Incase Tour Bag and the RB Continental.
I don't use the backpack on the Tour, so that slims down the bulky outer section.
Like the RB too, but it's very roomy inside. You can easily fit a midsize semihollow.
Both are quite nice, but the slimmer Incase just barely gets the edge over the RB in my book.

dougk

Gold Supporting Member
I hate (with a passion!) the freakin' backpack straps on gtr bags these days. As mentioned, I won't be trekking K2 with a damn gtr, and quite purposefully do not own any granite gtrs. I miss the simple, single shoulder strap like on the old Mouradian bags. The most foot travel I do with a gtr on my shoulder is through an airport, and I always select a gtr for lightness for any fly-to gigs.
The Mono bags will tuck the backpack straps neatly and flatly into the pocket on the back. You can use both, 1 or neither strap.

Personally I swear by the backpack straps. Double bag on the back, head cab in one hand, speaker in the other and one trip from the car gets me to my gig.

good soil digital

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for all the input... I was able to find a music shop that actually had all three in stock. All of them were nice, but they were blowing out the incase tour bag's for $55, so that put it at like 1/4 of the price of the others.

I am actually blown away by the quality of this bag... I just can't see why they would have discontinued their guitar line.

Trending Topics