Incase, wherefor art thou?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Soundhound, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

I finally decided to grab an Incase Slim bag, but their site says they're currently not available.

That seems to be true a lot of the time with them. Anybody have any idea how long it is before they become available again?

Barring that, is there a good substitute? I don't want to pay the high price of some of the other ones that are out there. But is there anything as good, or comparable, at a similar price?

thanks!

2. mapleneck72

mapleneck72 Member

Someone else had mentioned Sept but I emailed Incase a few weeks ago and never got a response. I won a used one on ebay and I'm waiting for it to get here.
    The ones by Protec, Mono, and Kaces look decent.

3. ducmike

ducmike Silver Supporting Member

Guitarcenter was stocking them a while back, might check there

4. u12drag

u12drag Silver Supporting Member

make-n-music had some for a while, as well.

5. Robertito

Robertito Member

I also emailed them to ask when they thought they'd be available, and again, they never responded.

6. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Rumor has it that Fender bought them. I prefer an InCase logo to a Fender one, but I'll still continue to buy them if they're ever made available again.

7. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

IMHO there's no substitute for an Incase.

I bought an Incase-like bag a while ago, it fell apart, worst money I've ever spent ever!

I've emailed them on several occasions but never did I get a response.

Pretty tough for me to get one on my shores, most folks here in Singapore have the JM Strat Incase bag.

8. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

9. mapleneck72

mapleneck72 Member

I'm back on the hunt for one after ebay pulled the item that I paid for 2 weeks ago and shut down the seller.

Sadowsky has one that looks a lot like the Incase.

10. e-z

e-z Member

I was told September a few months back when I called them. The guy I spoke with said they couldn't get them from their manufacturer in a timely fashion. I hope they weren't bought by Fender.

11. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Any new word on the Incases? I just sent them an email about when they'll be available. But per some posts here, I'm not holding my breath for a response. Hopefully if Fender bought them, it won't be like the CBS buy of Fender, huh? :dunno

I'm having a new guitar made and was hoping to send one to have it shipped back in.

12. Robzilla

Robzilla Member

the dub bag is cool! does anyone have one? how is it and are both guitars protected well?

13. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

Fender dealers can order them as accessories - I have a pair on order from CB Perkins in San Jose.

The bags are great and do a fine job of protecting whatever is in them.

14. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Well, I got a pretty quick response from Incase. They said they expect a stock of bags "in a few weeks". This isn't the first time they've been out of stock. Wonder why they have such a supply chain problem? Do they not try to gauge demand?

They are killer bags, that's for sure.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2008
  15. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

I just checked the regular Fender web site and they're nowhere to be found.

I also checked the dealer web site ( I'm a dealer...)and they don't have them listed anywhere.

Where did you find them? I'd love to get a couple for myself as well.

16. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I was at CB Perkins, mentioned that I wished I could get them but now that the Evil Empire owns them, oh well... So Erick opened his Fender accessories book, found them, and said he'd put in an order for me. Now, I haven't gotten it yet, but it was in the Fender dealer catalog, list price unchanged from the InCase price in days passed.

17. 7StringJazz

7StringJazz Member

I have one for basses which holds my Zon Hyperbass and F-bass AC6. Both travel well together! Well thought out and well protected but I would not check it on an airplane. For everything else its the bomb! YMMV. :)

18. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

Cool...and thanks....I'll check out my catalog when I return to work tomorrow.

19. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Dood, that Mono case looks sweet... I'll check that out too. Heaven knows that the market's taken a long time to answer the Incase. (A great bag that's not $600...:dunno)

BTW Jim, I'm trying to find a case for another one of Saul's baby's. I asked him today about the newer Hipshot Classic tuners for this build, said he dug them and that you showed them to him. Portland has a couple of killer guitar builders...:bow

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  20. mlynn02

mlynn02 Supporting Member

so, i got on the incase site randomly just around new years and they had a dub bag available. so i snatched it up! i have subsequently gone back to the website and they now show the dub bag as unavailable (?). but they have the slim bag listed as in stock. weird. maybe they list them as they come in.??

anyway, the dub bag is awesome. i've got my suhr classic and my G&L ASAT in it. it definitely lives up to the hype.

it also seems a lot more substantial than the monocase linked above.

just my opinion of course.