Incomin Philosopher's Tone Micro.

prsjcm

Just ordered it yesterday. It'll round out my compressor stash along with a Keeley GC-2 and a Cali76 CD.

What kind of squishy's should I prepare for?

Phase45child

Just keep your fingers crossed it works out of the box. And be careful with the switch. And the jacks. And the knobs.

Hofnarr

No problems here, either. I think it's a good compressor. The one thing I've noticed is that there seems to be very little middle ground between "subtle" compression (what I use it for) and full on clamp. Could very well be my fault, though, not the pedal's.

Phase45child

I worked for the UK distributor and Pigtronix and Supro (same company) were absolutely chronic for repairs and dead pedals straight out of the box.
I wouldn't touch them after seeing it from the inside.

brs928

Silver Supporting Member
I had the normal size Philosopher's Tone, and it was a fantastic compressor pedal. I ended up adding a Keeley Aria (Compressor Plus circuit) and using the Aria at the beginning of my board, and the PT after my drives. Then sold the PT because I found I was only using the Aria and I didn't want to deal with the 18v for the PT anymore. But the micro uses 9v, so you won't have that problem. Anyway, it's a great pedal.

prsjcm

I worked for the UK distributor and Pigtronix and Supro (same company) were absolutely chronic for repairs and dead pedals straight out of the box.
I wouldn't touch them after seeing it from the inside.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be on guard. Hopefully I have no issues with it.

TheoDog

Silver Supporting Member
I’ve had 2. No quality issues. Good comp tone. Not quite as strong as the original Keeley 2-knob for chicken pickin but super effective. I really like the knobs.

prsjcm

I’ve had 2. No quality issues. Good comp tone. Not quite as strong as the original Keeley 2-knob for chicken pickin but super effective. I really like the knobs.
Sounds good. My Cali76 doesn't exactly clamp down for chicken pickin' either. But then again, I don't run the ratio super high.

FokenBusker

I have the Philosopher King and it's fantastic. I wonder how the Micro will stand with a 9v power input? It'd be extremely convenient for me if it sounds good, plus the additional pedalboard space available would be a huge boon. The King is a pretty big pedal.

prsjcm

Finally had a chance to play with it yesterday and today and I am very happy. It doesn't really add flavor the way my Cali76 CD does. It's just a nice and clean all around compressor. Works well in front of all my peadls and gets along great running after my Sunface and Aquavibe. I suppose the biggest compliment I can give it is that I really don't notice until I turn it off.Overall impression is that it is a winner out of the box.