• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Incoming 56 Historic Burst...

BadAssBill

got this off ebay last night...does anyone know any history of this guitar?

I'm super excited to own my first guitar with P-90's.

I

skeeterbuck

This may be one of the guitars Wildwood in Colorado was selling. IIRC they were one offs they had done. Check with them, maybe they can help you out.

straightblues

That looks very nice. That is a rare combo. Yes, I think Wildwood did some and it is probably from there.

I have an R6 goldtop and love it. I am sure you will love yours as well. It takes a little bit of time to get used to it. The guitar offers a wide variety of tones, depending on how it is played.

If you decide to swap out pickups, I suggest you have the originals rewound. The pickup routes are smaller than normal and many replacement pickups require increasing the pickup holes in the guitar slightly.

03hal

Beautiful guitar, but then I'm biased- my R6 is a darkburst and sounds like a chorus of of pissed-off angels.

Congrats!

Mcclassic

Tha is a real beauty, I have the goldtop and tone is great.

Only recomendation is to consider the change to the bridge screws for the longer stainless steel I think they call it the mapleflame mod on the les paul forum, I did it to mine, good results, more brigth and focus tone.

Also you may find some more history in there about this particular guitar.

BadAssBill

Thanks for all the replys guys. It's been an ubelievably frustrating year, and I needed something to lift me up. I can't really afford this right now...but sometimes you have to say ....WTF.

I'll try and contact Wildwood and see if they have any info. The burst is really what I wanted in a LP, and with my Studio recently stolen I needed a replacement. I've played a number of P90 guitars...but never owned one so I'm looking forward to the journey. I don't usually change out a whole lot with guitars, but any other suggestions are welcome. I may put a black pickguard on it at some point as well.

5E3

She's a real beauty! :AOK

Looking forward to your thoughts on it after you take delivery.

Trending Topics