Incoming JGG Bluesmaster

schultzvil

In the Clean Channel
Gold Supporting Member
No worries, Stallworth, and thanks, Damian. Yeah I've been monitoring all the clips and waiting for the right one- that was the closest ;-) even though there are a few mistakes in the second verse ;-) that was actually the very first gig with the guitar! We were getting acquainted.. I've since gigged it at least 10 times, including last night. It's a bright guitar, cutting, and plays superbly. More to come- just driving back from last night's show.

soulmap

very nice Alex!
I love the way the guitar cuts and bites on the attack and then the way note stays and sings when you let it breath - very cool!
- nice touch -
:aok

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Beautiful playing, really love the way you bring so much from the slower and more delicate portions of your performance. As soulmap said, letting the guitar "breath" very very nice!

FreeBlues

Silver Supporting Member
YIKES! The playing on that clip was so fantastic I almost forgot to listen to how nice the guitar sounded. Bravo!

shallbe

Deputy Plankspanker
Platinum Supporting Member
Way to wring it all out of that baby! Nice playing indeed.

mykljpao

Alex, didn't you have (or still have) a Futuremaster prior to this? I realize this has p90s but I'm curious as to what this gives you that you may have found lacking in the FM. In fact, hearing your clips with the FM was part of what pushed me to acquire one.

I ask this only because I don't own a BM with p90s (although I do have one retrofitted with Ramos CC's) and am curious as to the opinion of an excellent and frequent player. Just as a point of reference, I do own a Futuremaster, Fullerblaster and Dotmaster along with 2 BMs.

Mac Daddy 355

MilkBone Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Late to the party but here you go
MAC_0843_zpsd406a503.jpg

schultzvil

In the Clean Channel
Gold Supporting Member
Alex, didn't you have (or still have) a Futuremaster prior to this? I realize this has p90s but I'm curious as to what this gives you that you may have found lacking in the FM. In fact, hearing your clips with the FM was part of what pushed me to acquire one.

I ask this only because I don't own a BM with p90s (although I do have one retrofitted with Ramos CC's) and am curious as to the opinion of an excellent and frequent player. Just as a point of reference, I do own a Futuremaster, Fullerblaster and Dotmaster along with 2 BMs.

HI sorry I didn't see this 'till now- I was too busy posting fotos in the other JGG thread ;-) in fact just a few hours ago I stated in that thread that indeed my Futuremaster still perhaps rules the roost, for me personally.
So nothing was lacking there, it's still an absolute favorite guitar of mine. I should add, my FM has slightly different pickups than most:
Throbak DT 102 as opposed to SLE 101s- I think it's probably not a major diff, just worth noting.
My only thoughts were about comfort/ playability. The Futuremaster is a big, squared off gorgeous hunk of Korina. So you have to be comfortable with that. What you get is TONE in big slabs.
Honestly, so far tonally I have more going with the FM than the new BM-
but we're going to be doing some pickup experimentation with the P-90s-
that's partly why I didn't post clips myself, I didn't feel there were any that were KILLING it, yet. Whereas with the FM, that had happened :aok
MacDaddy, that thing is never too late ;-) when I saw the pic on the other thread, I thought about cream pickup covers.. that guitar looks OLD.. and looks like it SOUNDS old. Crazy...

schultzvil

In the Clean Channel
Gold Supporting Member
Ed, Dave & Oz-
please, you're killing me, and this could be an Ego Thread Hijack

thanks guys. I'm also a hopeless gear-head which is why I found a nice home here at TGP among other victims of this tragic disease ;-)

Top Bottom