Incoming MP Blue Sky Hand Wired OD

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by DesertDirtDog, May 3, 2015.

1. DesertDirtDog

DesertDirtDog Member

My beloved BJF Honey Bee #46 is acting up (hopefully just needs the switch and/or jacks serviced) so I just ordered the Blue Sky to temporarily take it's place.

Anyone here have one and have time to post insights or mini-review?

The video demos look good, but it never hurts to get commentary from regular users.

2. DesertDirtDog

DesertDirtDog Member

3. lhama

lhama Member

It's a beast through the right amp. I've had it for years, and I wasnt happy with it, but I had it as a backup, when I couldnt bring my own amp. I then played a festival, where I had to play through a JCM800, and it killed everything. Great tone.

It has to be early in the chain, since it plays with your dynamics. It has more gain, than a honey bee. It is a deep pedal, and can be great in the right setup, which wasnt mine.

4. DesertDirtDog

DesertDirtDog Member

Thank you, sir.

It will be running in the second position, between the Pale Green Comp and my SYODv1- taking the place of my HBOD until I can get that to my tech and straightened out.

I like me some beast- usually need to stack a couple units to get that, but maybe the SBOD can do it on it's own. :cool: