Incoming: My first Thorn 'ARRIVED'

axelfoley

Silver Supporting Member
I've been on a hunt for the strat or Tele for a while. I've mostly been looking at Suhrs and Tags and have even considered commissioning a custom build. I owned one suhr classics that was great and I've played a couple of moderns. They were all fantastic guitars. The only issue has been that they offer so many options it's hard to find just right on the used market that checks all the boxes.
I had been interested in Thorn a while back but have never put my hands on one. I was able to work a deal for one here this weekend. I'm super excited to try this out. All the specs line up with what I'm looking for in a strat. I was at first put off by the shell pink color but it grew on me quick.
I really hope this one fits the left hand. I'm super picky about necks and I let go of a killer one to fund this.
Soon I'm going to order a custom T. I've been waiting to try a bunch of different models because I only want to do it once ! Haha, good luck right.
Any Thorn owners, users, or enthusiasts please chime in. I should have it weds or thurs of this week!

Sellers pics

Last edited:
Reactions: AD

fishleehooker

Silver Supporting Member
You'll love it. And that one is awesome! I will never go through life without a Thorn laying around my cave. I love 'em. The only Thorn strat I had I sold, and wish I didn't. It was a Korina bodied and necked strat with a Humbucker at the bridge, and it did not play around.

This would probably get more looks and comments in the small builder section too. Anyway congrats. Very cool axe

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Killer guitar, got that from barry?
Double check the bridge is adjusted right, he was a serious fiddler as i recall.
I'd kill to have a shell pink with a HB in the bridge myself.

jamess

Gold Supporting Member
Congratulations! I predict you love it.

Ron & Team Thorn's level of craftsmenship is superb. Now even many years later, every time I pick up my Thorn Artisan there is that still moment of 'wow'.

axelfoley

Silver Supporting Member
Killer guitar, got that from barry?
Double check the bridge is adjusted right, he was a serious fiddler as i recall.
I'd kill to have a shell pink with a HB in the bridge myself.
It may be going back to Ron for a once over and proper set up.
Hum in the bridge might have to happen while it's there ;)

dbeeman

You are hooked now, Bro. To paraphrase the old ad line "Bet you can't play just one".
Ron is now working on the "final" Thorn going into my stable.

big mike

Cathode biased
You are hooked now, Bro. To paraphrase the old ad line "Bet you can't play just one".
Ron is now working on the "final" Thorn going into my stable.
Final

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

I said that 2 or 3 ago.

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
Ron builds an impeccable guitar. I love my RS, it's my favorite S-type guitar I've ever played. The tremolo is easily the best I've ever used.

sfarnell

Silver Supporting Member
very cool guitar. The shell pink has also grown on me. I think my next strat will be either a relic shell pink or burgundy mist.

dougstrummer

Make a Joyful Noise.
Silver Supporting Member
"FINAL".....now that is funny!! Enjoy your first Thorn (of many LOL!!!!).

Trending Topics