• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Incoming NGD - first ES335!

Matt Novak

To be delivered before noon tomorrow - a Gibson Memphis ES-335 Dot Reissue Plain Satin Cherry. Worlds longest model name? I'm aware there was a model without the neck binding, but mine looks like this which is remarkably similar to the Warren Haynes model:

[/img]

C-4

Congradulations. If you find this particular one to suit your personal taste in guitars, you might find it more resonant then most laquered up models. The LP's with a satin finish seemed to vibrate easier and have a bigger tone, since the plasticised laquer was not strangling it's tone.

gadzooka

Looks lovely! My Memphis 345 has that combination of sustain, warmth and nasally-to-woody tones that I always wanted in an ES, but didn't find in such abundance in even the late 60s Gibsons I had. I hope you have the same joy with yours.

Matt Novak

Cheers guys. I'm in England but managed to score a pretty good deal nonetheless - we have a 6 hour studio slot booked for Sunday so will report back on how it sounds asap!

PGrant - seeing as we're on the same island; I got it from GAK in Brighton - they have a satin black version still available.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
With the two 335's I've own, I've found that the break-in period is more noticeable than with solid bodies. So if you don't absolutely love it right away, give it some time to break in. Both my 335's took several months to really start to feel alive.

jamester

Gold Supporting Member
Congrats! I have the same guitar, it is my number one 335. I ended up buffing the finish to a gloss, gives it a very "VOS" style semi-gloss that I like even better than the regular gloss finish. I think it's great they come with neck binding now, I probably wouldn't have even considered mine if it hadn't. Enjoy!

Stephans

With the two 335's I've own, I've found that the break-in period is more noticeable than with solid bodies. So if you don't absolutely love it right away, give it some time to break in. Both my 335's took several months to really start to feel alive.
I had exactly the same experience!

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
That is so true. When I first got mine , I honestly didnt play it that much and wondered if I had made a mistake. I think around 5 months later I couldnt put it down. 14 months later and its my number 1 by a mile.

Congrats on the new guitar. Long may you enjoy it. I put reflectors on mine and an amber switch tip just for something different and I really like it.

Trending Topics