• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Incoming NGD Kiesel Content

CanserDYI

Don't see much Kiesel stuff on here so I figure I'll share my excitement and hopefully start a conversation. Been waiting 6 months for this bad boy, finally got to get this picture of it today and boy am I excited. Quilt maple on Mahogany with a walnut neck, and Royal ebony fingerboard. No inlays like god intended. I hope I can make it sound as good as it looks!

CanserDYI

I would be hesitant to custom order a guitar without knowing how the top will look, but I'd say it worked out pretty well for you!:aok
Sure did, not going to lie, I spent MONTHS finding every example of tops I could find and asking the owners/posters what grade it was and nervous as all hell. This one would have been 5A if you ask me, but I didnt pay extra for it.

Steady

That one turned out beautifully! Play all seven, baby!!

I’ve been very satisfied with my Kiesels, they’ve been very playable instruments. My ZM7 was an excellent introduction to seven-strings.

TooMuchFiber

Silver Supporting Member
Sure did, not going to lie, I spent MONTHS finding every example of tops I could find and asking the owners/posters what grade it was and nervous as all hell. This one would have been 5A if you ask me, but I didnt pay extra for it.
If I could pick one out, this would be it!

CanserDYI

Only thing I'm not stoked about is scale length, this one will stay in B standard and Drop A for the most part. I'm looking for a good baritone to play in G standard to accompany it.

CanserDYI

Should be here Tuesday! I'll write up a NGD post for anyone wanting another kiesel guitar write up ! :D haha

rob2966

Awesome. Last year I jumped on the Kiesel train too. ZM7 and HD6x. Been extremely happy with the outcome of both. So easy to play, extremely well built. I am sure there is a 3rd one in my future (but not quite yet). Enjoy.

diogoguitar

this is really awesome!
Did you have other 7 strings before? I'm considering getting a 7 eventually, but not sure I'll be able to make the most out of it. and not sure the 7th string will get in the way to play 6-string songs

CanserDYI

this is really awesome!
Did you have other 7 strings before? I'm considering getting a 7 eventually, but not sure I'll be able to make the most out of it. and not sure the 7th string will get in the way to play 6-string songs
Oh yeah, this is my 3rd. I consider myself a 7 string player now. And trust me, with a little practice, its just like playing your 6er. I actually play most of my 6 string songs on my 7 string, because i have my 6 strings downtuned. So if i want to play something in standard, I play it on a 7 string, because I dont have to downtune the main strings, I always have the low A to bring the low end if i wanted to.

C-4

OP,
That is a strikingly beautiful looking guitar. I hope you really are happy with it when it gets to you. :)

Kdawg1966

Silver Supporting Member
Beautiful guitar ya got there! I've owned 5 Carvin/Kiesels. Every one has been top notch and equal to or better than my boutique's. Why every manufacturer doesn't offer oiled necks is a mystery to me. Heck, why every guitar player doesn't demand them is an even bigger mystery...

Congrats and enjoy! I look forward to the review.

CanserDYI

Beautiful guitar ya got there! I've owned 5 Carvin/Kiesels. Every one has been top notch and equal to or better than my boutique's. Why every manufacturer doesn't offer oiled necks is a mystery to me. Heck, why every guitar player doesn't demand them is an even bigger mystery...

Congrats and enjoy! I look forward to the review.
I've actually wondered the same thing about the oiled necks thing, like that HAS to cut down on cost and probably less room for error because its just a wipe on thing, no need to worry about drips and buffing etc. Easy way to make your cheap indo guitar seem like a high dollar guitar.

CanserDYI

Okay so call me whatever you want, but this might be the nicest guitar I've ever played. I've played Mayones, Suhrs, PRS and while those might be nicer in some aspects, this guitar touches all of the "high end" feels I look for, and it feels like it was born a guitar, not built. It feels like it just always was a guitar, never was a time when it was a tree or rocks in the river. I'm absolutely FLOORED by the Holdsworth pickup in the neck. I've never been able to get a neck pup SING. It SINGS. The lithium neck isn't my FAVORITE pickup but it's great. It has a very single coil sound to it. One thing I'm not impressed with is the coil split sounds, which I've heard good things about and I wasn't getting stellar results with it, and it's bothering me because that was a big point for me to have. The volume drop is just too apparent with these pups. But good thing because they sound amazing in humbucker mode.

Seriously the value for dollar for this thing is absolutely amazing, seeing as like ~1/3-1/2 of the price of this was visual upgrades ie the top, the neck, body woods etc. I know it'd sound and play just as good if I did base model.

I waited 23 weeks for this, and it came with a nick on the bottom, but this will not detract me from buying another one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom