Incoming Whitfill - newbie CLIPS ADDED

jamest364

image1_zpssubzy8cu.png

Hi all, 1st post newbie here, be gentle with me!

Been scouring these pages for years but I'm so excited with my incoming Whitfill and Morris amp and none of my friends get it so wanted to share with those who understand:)

Anyway the guitar is nearly finished and pictured above and will be travelling to UK next week.

Looks nicely beat up and a huge neck, should be a rock n roll machine. No doubt I will have done something wrong with this post so please correct me if it's in the wrong place or I haven't met with the required etiquette

DUI pedal also coming

Cheers folks!

jamest364

Thanks guys

It's not been easy to buy a guitar blind and I played few great CS Tele's whilst I've been waiting, but I know this is going to be a beast, I ordered a slightly hotter bridge pickup for less twang and more thud.

I think the DUI pedal sounds awesome on the demo's but we shall see.....

Cheers!

slipbeer

Gold Supporting Member
Very cool. I'm sure you're going to love it once you get to crank it up.

dmkz

Congrats and welcome.

Now we will require more pics and clips to feed the beast!

jamest364

Congrats and welcome.

Now we will require more pics and clips to feed the beast!
Thanks!

for sure pics as soon as it arrives, clips may take a little longer, but I'll have a crack, incase anyone wondered I did ask for it extra beaten up so it looks a beautiful wreck

dmkz

Thanks!

for sure pics as soon as it arrives, clips may take a little longer, but I'll have a crack, incase anyone wondered I did ask for it extra beaten up so it looks a beautiful wreck

Awesome. The more I play the more I appreciate the feel of a worn neck. I'll take bare wood over a finish any day of the week. A good finish that feels like bare wood? Now we are talking!

I don't own anything with wear and tear on the fingerboard, but I am working on getting those the old fashioned way. Maybe next decade.

jamest364

Awesome. The more I play the more I appreciate the feel of a worn neck. I'll take bare wood over a finish any day of the week. A good finish that feels like bare wood? Now we are talking!

I don't own anything with wear and tear on the fingerboard, but I am working on getting those the old fashioned way. Maybe next decade.

I asked for no finish at all on the back of a huge neck and all the frets to be worn through the finish and dirty, then I'm going to spend months of extreme vibrato with dirty hands to even everything up, wish I had the time to age things naturally, but I decided to cheat :)

jamest364

Looks like a great guitar! I've had my Whitfill for 3 years now and I love it. Enjoy!

Agreed it looks fab, my very first Tele so thought I'd make it the best I can find, trying to resist Charles's Slimline HB but I think I will break ones it arrives!

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
You're going to hate it.

That said, I'll buy it from you for $25.00. See; that's the beauty of being a member of The Gear Page. We are a close-knit community and brothers are always willing to help out other brothers.

:D

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new axe when it arrives.

jamest364

You're going to hate it.

That said, I'll buy it from you for $25.00. See; that's the beauty of being a member of The Gear Page. We are a close-knit community and brothers are always willing to help out other brothers.

:D

Welcome aboard. Enjoy your new axe when it arrives.

I've rarely felt such warmth so quickly, you guys are just the best !!

Last edited:

jamest364

image4_zpst3wbbq6b.jpg
image4_zpst3wbbq6b.jpg

image2_zpsguyjrnlf.jpg

image3_zpsxgbwiowg.jpg

image1_zpspchdvq1f.jpg

Well folks it arrived at my home in the UK and my friend has checked it over and assures me it is as light as a feather and plays like butter, I'm going to try and get him to take some more pics and record a few clips, sadly I've had to come to Medellin in Colombia for work until April so won't be playing it until then :(

desertrat07

Silver Supporting Member
image4_zpst3wbbq6b.jpg
image4_zpst3wbbq6b.jpg

image2_zpsguyjrnlf.jpg

image3_zpsxgbwiowg.jpg

image1_zpspchdvq1f.jpg

Well folks it arrived at my home in the UK and my friend has checked it over and assures me it is as light as a feather and plays like butter, I'm going to try and get him to take some more pics and record a few clips, sadly I've had to come to Medellin in Colombia for work until April so won't be playing it until then :(

Medellin...maybe I've seen too many movies, but what kind of work did you say you do? Ha ha...nice Whitfill!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom