1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Indigenous

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by JZG, Feb 15, 2009.

1. JZG

JZG Member

I'm going to see Indigenous in April and was thinking of downloading a CD or two. Any suggestions?

2. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Mato is one ass kickin guitar player! I havent seen him on his own yet but seen him at the Hendrix tribute. Look for the Live From LA Zoma Rosa Austin Tx 1999 show. Im not sure they have it on dvd yet. Great show and Mato has Chris Duarte jam with him at the end. Ive also got the Mato Birthday Bash bootleg dvds. Im not sure if you can buy them or not. They were given to me.
    Oh wow!! I just noticed your from Michigan! Where is he playing?? I havent seen anything listed in Metro Times or Real Detroit.

3. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I like Things We Do and Circle.

4. JZG

JZG Member

They're playing at the Ark in Ann Arbor on April 13th. Great venue to see a show if you haven't been there. Probably only seats a couple hundred people. Just picked up tickets yesterday to see Sonny Landreth there this summer.

5. Zuper

Zuper Supporting Member

Circle is by far my favorite Indigenous album. Other albums have some nice moments, and Chasing the Sun is the most polished sounding out of the bunch. Definitely better live than in the studio. I miss the family, but Mato's new band is very solid.

6. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the info JZG! I might check out Landreth also. Havent seen him yet. Im on the East side by Mt Clemens. Another great venue to see Blues guitarists is Callahans in Pontiac.

7. Calloway

Calloway Supporting Member

Pte the old bass player has a new band in Austin with a kid from Defiance OH that his old band used to play all the same clubs I did growing up. Check em out, they are called Disciples of Sound.

www.myspace.com/disciplesofsoundrocks

8. MikeNiteRail

MikeNiteRail Member

I'd get the newest CD. I've opened for Indigenous a couple of times...the most recent being last summer. He no longer has the family band featured on the first few albums...which were great, IMO.

I really enjoy Mato's singing and guitar player. However, I felt that his new groups sounded like Mato sitting in with another band...if that makes sense. I loved the show, and dug the slide player, but it was different than the several times I saw him with the family.

9. Pietro

Pietro 2-Voice Guitar Junkie and All-Around Awesome Guy