Individual pedals to replace my MM4 - Chorus, Tremolo, possibly Flanger?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by alex_toney, Jan 17, 2008.

1. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

So... I've decided to go to individual modulation pedals to replace my Line 6 MM4. I'm sure many people understand the reasons for this, but one significant one is that I only use the chorus and the tremolo!

What would people recommend for a good, lush, and preferably STEREO, Chorus? Also... what would people recommend for a nice Tremolo (VERY preferable with a Tap Tempo)?

I wouldn't mind having a Flanger but that isn't priority... if I could get a good Chorus/Flanger then that might work... but if there is a better Chorus than anything I'd find in a Chorus/Flanger then I could do without the flanger for a while.

Any suggestions?

2. mrp3118

mrp3118 Member

3. alex_toney

alex_toney Member

While I like the look of the eventide stuff... I actually plan on getting a Timefactor... I don't want multiple modulation effects, and I just want individual boxes... so I don't think I'll be looking at a modfactor...

I may consider not going the individual box route now having seen that Nova Modulator! It seems pretty nice... the ability to combine effects is great, plus I've heard enough things about the Nova Delay to expect quality from this... hmm, I will have to do more research.

Anyway, despite this... any more suggestions?

4. lifeinsong

lifeinsong Member

Analogman Clone Chorus and Empress Tremolo

The AM Chorus can be ordered with a stereo option...thick lush chorusing and it can also get a nice faux-leslie tone as well.

The Empress Trem has a bunch of cool features including 2 speeds w/ ramp up/down, 3 different waveforms, some cool rhythmic settings, AND tap tempo.

5. wickidriffs

wickidriffs Member

Visual Sound H2O.

Arion SCH-1.

TC Electronic Stereo Chorus/Flanger

Hartmann Flanger or Electro Harmonix Deluxe Electric Mistress.

6. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I see you have both a MM4 and DL4. Have you thought about a M13 ??