Industrial Velcro is YOUR Friend

SpiritShooter

Silver Supporting Member
After years of using various pedal attachment schemes, I came upon Industrial Velcro sold at Home Depot and your favorite Hardware Store.

This Velcro is absolutely killer. Holds pedals incredibly well, doesn't wear out or let go, at least in my experience.

And, best of all, it comes off the pedal with NO RESIDUE.

Highly recommended !!!!

snow and steel

Silver Supporting Member
Its great stuff, but I will tell you... if you leave it on there for years, and then try to take it you can get some residue - and if you've got a sticker you don't want removed that's under there... well, don't count on it.

Billy Moss

Put a strip of gaffers tape on the bottom of your pedal and then put industrial Velcro on that. It'll keep your pedal gunk free and still hold like crazy.
If I have a pedal with a sticker on the bottom and I put that tape on and pull the tape off will it pull the sticker off?

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
It is all I use anymore either. You just need to kind of twist the pedal side to side to make good contact with the hooks into the loops. Then, use a credit card or old hotel room key to slide under the pedal to break contact when removing a pedal from your board.

Black_Label

If I have a pedal with a sticker on the bottom and I put that tape on and pull the tape off will it pull the sticker off?
It depends on the sticker. I always tape/Velcro around the sticker anyway. If the sticker has the serial # and your pedal gets stolen, it's not doing anyone any good if the police can't find or read the serial.

Billy Moss

It depends on the sticker. I always tape/Velcro around the sticker anyway. If the sticker has the serial # and your pedal gets stolen, it's not doing anyone any good if the police can't find or read the serial.
Duh on my part, yeah just put the tape/velcro around the sticker.

downburst82

I redid my old smaller pedaltrain in dual lock. Man that stuff HOLDS! I've been wanting to redo my pedaltrain pro in it but I can't find a source for it at decent prices ( having to have it shipped to Canada and the weak $ makes it pretty expensive :( )

I was looking at that very Velcro you pictured just the other day at Rona...but I would still need to get two large roles...and it wouldn't be that much cheaper than the dual lock (which holds better)

Last edited:

Clark GriswoId

Looks Great. Little Full, Lotta Sap.
Silver Supporting Member
Recently used the "titanium" brand of velcro for my board- great initial stick- but seems a bit loose after removing and re installing the pedal back.

They still arent going anywhere, but ill prob try dual lock next go around.

Pat Healy

I used the Home Depot industrial velcro for years, until I discovered Dual Lock. It's far, far better, particularly if you're securing stuff beneath the pedalboard, as I do with my MIDI loop switcher. With industrial velcro the switcher would fall off every now and then. Not so with Dual Lock...I can grab the switcher or any pedal and lift up the entire board, and everything stays rock solid. In addition, it doesn't allow the pedals to rock like velcro does. It holds them motionless, which eliminates fatigue on your connectors, which reduces shorts. HIGHLY recommended.

MattLeFevers

After years of using various pedal attachment schemes, I came upon Industrial Velcro sold at Home Depot and your favorite Hardware Store.

This Velcro is absolutely killer. Holds pedals incredibly well, doesn't wear out or let go, at least in my experience.

And, best of all, it comes off the pedal with NO RESIDUE.

Highly recommended !!!!

I love this stuff. Night and day better than the Velcro my Pedaltrain came with.

Trending Topics