Industrialectric

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cheapgtrs, Jul 24, 2016.

1. cheapgtrs

cheapgtrs Supporting Member

Wondering why there's not much love around here for Industrialectric pedals. Build quality is top notch. Customer service is fantastic. And the pedals sound incredible. The 4046m and Rm1n are 2 of the coolest pedals I've purchased in the last 5 or so years. No affiliation, just a fan of Andrews work. Anybody else using IE pedals?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
    theRagman and crev71 like this.
  2. 8len8

8len8 Supporting Member

Never heard of them. Maybe they don't advertise enough?

3. msnes335

msnes335 Supporting Member

I have heard good things about the Rm1, and the 4046 looks cool, so maybe I chose poorly, but the Echo Degrader was about the most useless pedal I've ever owned. It did say in the manual that component values could vary a lot from unit to unit, so maybe I had a bad one. That said, most of the knobs had no usable range (had to pretty much max out the repeats to get anything), it sucked volume down to a whisper, unless it was oscillating, and then it would blow your ears off. There was more, but it's been a year since I've owned it and can't remember what else was wrong with it, and I gave it a good month of playing to make sure it wasn't user error. It did look great though, prettiest pedal I ever had.

Interested to hear about people's experience with the 4046, I'd be interested to try it, but reviews would have to be stellar before I'd go down that road again.

4. crev71

crev71 Member

I think the company is called Industrialectric.

Own the Echo Degrader and absolutely love it. Had the RM-1N and it was also fantastic. Pre and post gain was such an awesome feature. Had to let it go for financial reasons but hopefully will get another one again.

cheapgtrs likes this.
  5. tashiattack

tashiattack Member

Had an Echo Degrader. LOVED it, but had to sell it to pay bills. Got to meet Andrew in person, what a nice guy! Great customer service.

cheapgtrs likes this.
  6. cheapgtrs

You are absolutely right. My mistake.

crev71 likes this.
  7. cheapgtrs

I love my 4046. So many sounds inside. Some settings like on the Echo Degrader kind of choke out. But all the knobs are highly interactive. Slightly tweak something here and then new possibilities open up there. Great pedal. I'm waiting for an Echo degrader of my own. I hope I don't have the same experience.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2019
  8. EmandoDave

EmandoDave Member

Wow...that 4046 pedal has more controls than the electrical generator switchboard on my old guided missile cruiser! How on earth does someone use this in live settings?

9. cheapgtrs

I have some pedals on a table as well as a pedalboard. Stuff to manipulate on the fly goes on the table.

10. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Brilliant and crazy

rsm, crev71 and cheapgtrs like this.
  11. urQuill

urQuill Supporting Member

Lots of support for Industrialectric at ILF. The RM-1N is revered over there. In the demos, just the gain controls alone give sounds that seem worth the investment. The reverb itself seems lovely but I think it's the gain controls and the overall control concepts in that pedal if I can coin a phrase that make it special.

It was the first pedal I heard of that had a momentary switch for run-away oscillations ... was it the first to have that? I dunno!

I would love to have that switch somewhere in my own set-up, and I go back and forth (in a completely imaginary way, unfortunately) between the RM-1N and Caroline's Météore, which I think is equally brilliant - it doesn't do as much but the choices about what it does are thoughtful and very musical.

I still don't know which or what.

There's an early fuzz-box made by Industrialectric that looks very much like a current boutique offering (big box, lots of controls, meter on the front ...) and just sounds really remarkable - in the demos, anyway. The man's ear for fuzz just might be non-pariel ...

See3po and cheapgtrs like this.
  12. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

no, i don't think so; the caroline kilobyte delay was released in 2013, but..... but the momentary switch is less than a blink away from smacking a CV-pedal to the floor when it's attached to, say, a lexicon pcm42, which then immediately goes into oscillation. (my pcm42 was built in 1981 or '82).

fwiw, the PTD tornita has had its own kind of momentary oscillation switch since around 2008, and..... all of my electric guitars have had their own kinds of (multiple) momentary oscillation-switches since around 2000-2001.

back on topic, i've def been enjoying the industrialectric thing remotely for a while, but just haven't seen the thing that has spurred a purchase, yet.
    still watching!

urQuill and cheapgtrs like this.
  13. deadlands

deadlands Member

DMB lunar echo has it, that's been around awhile. El Cap has it, that came out in 2010. I'm sure there was something before those, but I can't think of it.

lavinci and urQuill like this.
  14. ChaseTMP

ChaseTMP Silver Supporting Member

SIB!'s Mr. Echo had a momentary switch that would do runaway oscillations and I think that came out late 2003.

deadlands and urQuill like this.
  15. olejason

olejason Member

The Freakshow Digilog also had an oscillation switch. It was around in the early 2000's.

urQuill likes this.
  16. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

2007, i think.

17. DavidRAZ

DavidRAZ Member

I would say that it's because people don't love Canada, just kidding haha. Got the RM-1N and it gives me all the reverb that I always wanted and more.

cheapgtrs likes this.
  18. Neanderthal Head

Neanderthal Head Supporting Member

I've owned the RM-1N and ED. If you are intrigued, I say go for it. They are unique, imaginative instruments. Lo-fi, too. At the other end of the spectrum from, say, Strymon.

cheapgtrs likes this.
  19. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

If Alessandro Cortini is a fan, they can't be bad.

p.j., Ev O))) and cheapgtrs like this.
  20. cheapgtrs

I wasn't aware he used them^^^. That is cool.