Indyguitarist??????

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by what?, Oct 31, 2005.

1. what?

what? Member

Why noone here ever talks about indyguitarists pedals?I just found out that they do their own pedal lines....anybody tried them?

2. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Havn't played his pedals, but I modded my Boss SD-1 overdrive and CH-1 chorus. Both were OK, now they are both amazing pedals. Every one owes it to themself to at least buy one of the multiplity of inexpensive pedals he offers mods for(maybe you already have one). It's a blast to mod them.

My Boss SD-1 sounds nearly identically to a Fulldrive now...

3. what?

what? Member

sadly, I'm in Australia, so sending him my pedal to be mod would cost a fortune!!!

4. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

It sure would. Buy one of his modkits (for 15 bucks) or all his modkits (for 45 bucks, you get mods for 55 different pedals).

His tube emulator mod for the DS-1 is the best DS-1 mod I've ever heard. Indyguitarist is one of the best, and Brian is really friendly.

Hell, by signing up, which si free, you get some free mod specs including keeleys DS-1 Ultra.

5. devbro

devbro Member

Definitely gets the award for the most ill-designed, non-user friendly website in the world :eek:

6. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

You're right about that. I was interested in his products, but it's so hard to find anything on that website. I basically gave up.

7. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

THAT IS CORRECT SIR!!!

It's his DIY nature; the site does smell a bit. Once you figure his site out... it's well worth it.

What?, I'm talking about ordering his mod kits. If you can use a soldering iron and follow real easy instructions, it's a blast. Including a learning curve, it took me 2 hours to completely morph my SD-1 into a killer pedal. I've since done the mod 2 more times for friends in about 45 min.

Give us a list of your cookie cutter, production pedals, that may or may not be collecting dust there in the Bush of Australia...

8. fr8_trane

fr8_trane Member

The Bill Lawrence website shares this lowly distinction. Great products - bad web design.

9. devbro

devbro Member

Equally as shocking is the sister site http://www.guitartone.net

"You got lots money, we builds very very goods website"

I think at this point he should dump the website and take the Paul Cochran approach :D

10. BrianWampler

BrianWampler Member

Thanks for the comments - If anyone is or knows a web designer, hook a brudda up!! :D

Take care,
    Brian

11. avenerjimmie

avenerjimmie Member

Honestly, I could do it. I would be a big undertaking, but I am confident that I could help make your site cleaner and easier to use.

Probably an even better idea would be for my girlfriend to do it though. She's a digital media major, and she's actually totally qualified to do it (she's currently making a new branch of the university's website). Toss me an email if you want.

12. rawkguitarist

rawkguitarist Member

Hey Brian!!

I think you'd take off if you're site was a little easier to understand!

Let's help this guy out ya'll!

Don't want to hijack the thread, but have you checked at all into modding the Line 6 Echopark?? It has a significant signal boost which slightly overwhelms my amp at high volume. And some have noise problems with it. It is other wise an amazing pedal. I'd be REAL interested in buying a mod kit from you on this one.

13. wooldl

wooldl Member

My bass player builds web sites for a living. I just sent him a link to this thread and to www.indyguitarists.com. I don't know what his schedule is....but maybe he can help.

I bought the 808 mod for a tube screamer a while back, very cool.

14. wooldl

wooldl Member

15. subversivepinko

subversivepinko Member

You, kind sir, have PM.

16. BrianWampler

BrianWampler Member

Thanks Aaron -- I haven't got into the line 6's yet -- as always I probably will in the future once I get my hands on one. :D

Take care,
    Brian

17. BrianWampler

BrianWampler Member

Thanks -- just sent you back one. :)

18. BrianWampler

BrianWampler Member

Thanks Wooldl -- nice looking sites!! :)