Inexpensive Lemon Drop Les Paul

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by HyakuShiki, Jan 23, 2012.

1. HyakuShiki

HyakuShiki Member

What budget Les Paul would you all recommend? I'm thinking about both the Vintage V100 Peter Green and a modified Burny RLG-55. It would seem the Burny would be the better investment, as I care for pick guards. However, the Vintage already has the Peter Green-modded pickups and is substantially less expensive. I wouldn't be able to try either of them out, so I'm coming to the experts.

2. IPLAYLOUD

IPLAYLOUD Member

If you want an "LP Style", look at an Xaviere on the Guitar Fetish site. REAL budget, but a nice player.

3. raymeedc

raymeedc Member

I've got a notion to second that emotion. I've got two recently purchased Xavieres..... an XV-560 & an XV-600. Good wood, pickups, finishes, & necks (depending upon you're neck profile preferences, of course), unlike so many cheap guitars. A setup, a bit of tweaking, & a couple of hardware changes & you've got about the best deal out there, in my opinion..... & DIRT CHEAP, to boot!
    P.S. - They have a Lemon Drop Les Paul.

http://www.guitarfetish.com/XV-500-Series-Solid-Mahogany-SOLID-carved-Maple-Tops_c_182.html

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  4. peskypesky

peskypesky Member

I'd go for the Vintage, as i've read many positive reviews from owners.

5. raymeedc

raymeedc Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  6. Elev8

Elev8 Member

I am such an owner, and would have no hesitation in recommending the V100.
    It's a LOT of versatile nice sounding guitar for not much money.
    Possibly not the choice if you can't view/try beforehand though. Distress to the finish varies considerably from one to the next. I've seen some I didn't like the look of at all. Playing/sound -wise though, they are well put together & hard to beat for the money IMO.