• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Info needed- Vintage Premier Twin-8

Hi, I have the opportunity to buy a vintage Premier Twin 8, I was seeking any thoughts or opinions on this amp. I will be playing it through an Ibanez sz with humbuckers. I was also wondering if it's easy to find replacement tubes for it?
thanks

soldano16

A buddy of mine had one but his was changed over to more conventional tubes by a local tech.

That being said, that was the best sounding cranked small amp I ever heard. But the guy who did the conversion was Frank Marino's former tech.

mc5nrg

Silver Supporting Member
What's in it? - tubes that are unusual by "not a 12A*7/today's standards" aren't that hard to find with the intraweb etc.

TheWayfarer84

Gold Supporting Member
bumping old thread here...I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this amp? I too see it come up mostly with harp players - any good for guitar?

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
bumping old thread here...I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this amp? I too see it come up mostly with harp players - any good for guitar?
Premier amps had a very distinct tone; they built a wide range of amps, but they all have a very warm tone (some would say dark) without much treble on the clean sounds, a somewhat boxy mid-range and very full bass. It's an unusual sound, very far removed from the usual Fender/Marshall/Vox range of many '60s amps. The Twin 8 has a great tremolo, and the 8R has superb reverb as well. They're not for everybody - definitely not what I'd recommend for power pop - but they're pretty affordable and are worth checking out.

Trending Topics