Info on the Goodsell Super 17?..

superfast11r

Silver Supporting Member
I have a gentleman wanting to trade my Orange Rockerverb MK1 head for his Goodsell Super 17 mk2 2x10 combo(im downsizing to smaller amps is the only reason im getting rid of the oranfge). What exactly does the Super 17 sound like? I have seen them in tweed cabs, marshall'esque , and custom cabs so not sure tonally where it lays. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated!

Stev0Griffin

Trendsetter
Kind of their own thing. Richard Goodsell makes amazing amps, though. Think along the lines of Dr Z more than anything else. Very dynamic, three-dimensional sounding. I think Richard Goodsell is a member of these forums. He may be able to better answer your questions. I’ve spoken to him a few times; super friendly and accessible gentleman.

Prince

Silver Supporting Member
The Super 17 is one of the nicest amps I've ever played. It is sort of a Fender + Vox hybrid. Maybe like a Maz 18, but different. Just lovely cleans and nice low gain dirt.

superfast11r

Silver Supporting Member
Ended up doing the trade today and so far I’m very impressed with the 17. I do however prefer running into a 1x12 extension cab (has a g12h30) rather than the 2x10 in the 17. I’ll probably opt to have a new baffle made to convert it to a 1x12. The Goodsell does have a mini toggle next to the power socket- doesn’t seem to do anything in either direction- anyone have any idea on what it’s for?

jnovac1

Silver Supporting Member
Ended up doing the trade today and so far I’m very impressed with the 17. I do however prefer running into a 1x12 extension cab (has a g12h30) rather than the 2x10 in the 17. I’ll probably opt to have a new baffle made to convert it to a 1x12. The Goodsell does have a mini toggle next to the power socket- doesn’t seem to do anything in either direction- anyone have any idea on what it’s for?
congrats on a fine amp. the cathode bias with no negative feedback and simple one gain stage preamp is so fine. i just sold my 17, but have no plans to be without a goodsell. kept a 33 and a valpreaux, i could have easily kept the 17, kind of did a coin toss.

joebloggs13

Congrats on the new amp. The link I posted has some good info on a lot of boutique builders. Goodsell is the third one down. The actual article is in 7 parts, and helped me chose my Reeves Custom 50. I bet your amp sounds killer. Vox with more headroom....Gotta love that!:aok
https://reverb.com/news/daves-corner-boutique-amp-guide-part-i

DocGid

Silver Supporting Member
I got jnovac1’s Super 17. Way too early to give an accurate opinion, but was able to play around on it today and really dig it so far. The tremolo on it is awesome.

playthecray

Silver Supporting Member
Agree with this. I have had my Goodsell S17 5/17 head since 2010 that I purchased directly from Richard. The amp has a beautiful base tone and nice amount of clean headroom. It is not a high gain amp, but takes pedals wonderfully. I have not had 1 single issue with the amp and Richard is one of the best in the business.

The Super 17 is one of the nicest amps I've ever played. It is sort of a Fender + Vox hybrid. Maybe like a Maz 18, but different. Just lovely cleans and nice low gain dirt.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom