Inserting a Measure on BR-600?

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by UMT, May 7, 2008.

1. UMT

UMT Member

I've recorded about 15 backing tracks for my band and I'm finding that I wish I would have put a blank 4 count measure in front of all the tracks. Easy enough to change the drum arraignment but not the rest of the tracks or maybe I'm missing something here. There is nothing in the manual that deals specifically with inserting a measure (or 2 or 3) after the song has been recorded.

Can any BR-600 guru's give me any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

I haven't used my BR600 in a while and don't have the manual here but ... can't you add the measure(s) you want at the end of the recording and then cut & paste them in front as the first rather than the last measure(s)?

3. UMT

UMT Member

Tried 'track move' on moving 1 measure of nothing at the end of the song to the 001 measure. Problem is, it erased the click track I had there and replaced it instead of shifting everything forward a measure. I don't use computer recording software so I may be missing your point with 'cut and paste'

Thanks!

4. UMT

UMT Member

For anyone that may be following this, I figured out a way to do it.

Do a Track Copy of the entire track to another location and when it prompts for the starting point, enter the measure 002 (in my case as I wanted a blank measure before the click started) and Wallah! Then you can track erase and track move to position the corrected track to wherever you want.

If you are aware of a simpler, easier way, please point it out.

Thanks!