Inside look at the recording of Blood on the Tracks

JSeth

That was a genuine treat to read! Well written and soaked with the perspiration of one who has "stood too close to the fire"!!! And, maybe got a bit toasty, in the process...

Thanks for a great read! Thanks for posting this one...

eliot1025

Silver Supporting Member
That was very interesting. Thanks.
Ramones' rant reads like a comedy skit - it's SO over the top. Hard to believe he was serious even for a moment.

goodsal

Silver Supporting Member
I was literally listening to "You're a Big Girl Now" on my iPod and surfing TGP at the same time and came across this post. What a great read.

Rockinrob86 thanks a ton for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!!! "You're a Big Girl Now" what a cool vibe. Who'd they get to play steel, I wonder.

Rockinrob86

Silver Supporting Member
I had never been a huge fan of blood on the tracks, but listening to this new york version has completely won me over.

This album is awesome, and the vinyl rip they did sounds much better than any CD or digital release of it. This sounds like a return to early dylan, but darker and more personal. This is some dark, intense stuff - just how I like it!

Mike Fleming

Yes, i used to listen to it all the time actually. Before i even heard the official Blood on the Tracks. I like the New York Sessions WAY better than the official one. After hearing those songs presented so intimately, it was jarring to hear them with all the 60s instrumentation that is on the official version. I still cant get into the official version.

OP, thanks for that, what a great article.

Kiwi

Gold Supporting Member
Dave K, thanks for the story link.

RockinRob, thanks for the music link.

Great stuff!

=K

doublee

I wasnt able to complete the download it stalled for hours, any advise please, I would really like to hear it.

Rockinrob86

Silver Supporting Member
I originally got it from here http://www.mediafire.com/?znlym2rnmn1

but that is a .rar file rather than a zip, and many people have to download a program to open .rar files. The program can be found for free, but still it is annoying.

I just tried to open both of those links, and it was saying it would take hours to download. Maybe because it is a busy time for internet traffic right now? Maybe mediafire slowed them down because of bandwidth issues (dont know if they do that)?

Kepp trying, it is WELL worth the effort.

You also might just do a google search for Bob Dylan Blood on the tracks new york sessions

That is how I found it originally. It only took me 15 minutes or so to download it the first time.

gravy

- rockinrob86 - THANK YOU! hearing that session is a re-defining of a classic. these versions are soaked in dylan mojo big time. sweet, must have been quite the night eh?