• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Inspiration? ... or madness

Twangmaster

I know that you can get some pretty good tones of a pair of mismatched speakers in the same cabinet, but what about 2 different sizes, i.e. as 12 mixed with a 10, or even a 15 mixed with a 12. I was digging around down in a dark corner of the basement and came across an ancient JBL D130-F that I had reconed a few years back, stuck in the corner and promptly forgot about. I've got the skills and tools to do the woodworking, but was wondering what it would sound like with that JBL and a G12-H or similar. Anybody ever try it?

metz420

Gold Supporting Member
The Fender Two Tone is basically a Blues Junior with a 12 and a 10 inch speaker. Sounds amazing. I think the concept definitely has merit.

Leonc

Wild Gear Hearder
Platinum Supporting Member
Jere - I dig a 12+10 combo; I've had a couple amps with this combination, so I dig it.

[edit]oops...you're not Twangmeister...so I guess you're not Jere, hehehe. That's okay, the rest or my answer is the same . :D[/edit]

Twangmaster

I've modded a 2-12 combo in the past to take a 12+10 also, and loved the result, but they (the spkrs) were both relatively close in efficiency. I'm wondering how I can get a good balance between the 15 and 12, or even of how to change the relative installed efficiency difference between the spkrs once they're in the cab. Any ideas?

nmiller

Drowning in lap steels
I've always wanted to build a cab with an external switch to be able to select different-sized speakers or combine them - maybe this is what you should do.

Trending Topics