Installed TonePros on my PRS & 335 today.....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Denny, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Denny

Denny Member

.......I'm a cynic for sure and usually doubt expensive products for their true worth. I usually take reviews with a grain of salt. However - after having some tone issues with my 335, and intonation issues w/my McCarty I bit the bullet and got the TonePros bridge and stop tail for my gibson, and wraparound for the PRS and am pleasantly surprised. Now I'm not saying it's "TonePros" that made the difference but I am saying it IS the locking system that they and other mfg.'s have that did. BOTH guitar's articulation and sustain have been audibly and notably increased. Notes jump out of the guitar, and even at the highest gain my Budda and winfield have, every string is defined!! The "dullness' I was experiencing on my 335 is non-existent and the intonation on the PRS is much better. All I'm saying here guys is - the LOCKING system works - TonePros seems to be quality although I don't think the stuff is made in USA which kind of bugs me. If you get a chance to try it on YOUR Guitar, I think you would be as surprised as I was!

A word of caution - THIS WILL NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER PLAYER. YOU WILL NOT BECOME THE NEXT GUITAR god!! IN FACT, IT WILL MAKE YOUR FLUBBS STAND OUT MORE!!!(just my two cents)

D.

2. operanonverba

operanonverba Silver Supporting Member

Have to back you up on that. I installed the bridge and stop on a Les Paul makeover project and I experienced the same results. It came on another Paul when I bought it so although the guitar sounded great, I did not have a way to tell the difference until I put it on the project. I'm sold on them now.

3. walterw

walterw Gold Supporting Member

yay! (i remember you were stressin' over this.) did you do the locking studs or the tailpiece with the little set screws in it?

i think tonepros is taking regular gotoh or schaller parts and adding the set screws, bushings, etc.

4. Denny

Denny Member

I got the bridge and stop w/the set screws and the wrap around has the top screw that tightens down. It's all good now.

D.

5. Bob V

Bob V Member

Did you go with the lightweight aluminum tailpiece on the 335?

6. Denny

Denny Member

sure did - nice!!