Int.shipping of true bypass loop

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by polifemo, Sep 20, 2006.

1. polifemo

polifemo Member

I was planning to buy a Loop-Master true bypass loopbox, but as they only ship using UPS the shipping cost turned out to be almost as high as the cost of the pedal... (the "Custom Mini loopbox" costs 35 usd, and the shipping would have been 30.65 usd... With airmail it´s usually about 10 dollars...)

Are there any other companys building tru bypass loopers that are willing to ship internationally using airmail??

2. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

$30.30 for a 2 lb package using USPS Global Express Mail w/tracking and insurance. Not "UPS".

3. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I live in Norway...bought one of their loopers used here in the country. Was so impressed with both design (and the newer are even better..like 2" high and 16" long for a 5 looper!!) with their master bypass and tuner out, and build quality, components...I just ordered a new one, the long thin one. It isn't going to cost much to ship, and it is I think United States Post Office.

If you live in Europe, you must be used to the extra price for shipping? Doesn't make such a huge difference which carrier, it is whether you want it shipped FAST or not. If you can wait AND were willing to not complain if it gets lost and never shows up (the price paid often is with tracking capabilities so you can trace the package...kinda worth the piece of mind I think) maybe they would send it cheapest possible....and it would take 8 weeks or more.

Guess I'm just saying, to each his own, but when I find a product I really connect with, and like so much...I wouldn't be looking around because of shipping cost differences.

4. polifemo

polifemo Member

The reply I received read:
    Custom Mini to Sweden would be $30.55 for USPS Global Express Mail
    w/tracking and insurance based on a 2 lb package.

Upon my question if they could send it by regular airmail I received the following reply:
    We only use USPS Global Express for international shipments.

This is no critisism of the Loop-Masters shippingmethods!!!!
    It just turns out to be a really bad idea to pay $30.55 for the shipping of a $35 pedal...
    If I had needed one of their bigger/more expensive loopers, it would have been a completely different thing.

I´ve had several pedals beeing sent from the US (and from other parts of the world as well) paying only $10-$15 for the shipping and having received them within 1-3 weeks.
    No insurance, but they all arrived safely.

Such a pitty... the Loop-Master loopers seems to be such great pedals...

5. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Ahh...yeah, my looper is a more expensive one, and that certainly could make it less attractive. I can see that.

Do you know anyone in the US that could take the inexpensive US shipped package, and reship it for you? If not, you might be able to contact a place like "Mailboxes inc." and ask if you could prepay and they could take shipment, and do that.

Or...look around on their site and see if there is anything else you'd want to combine, like an A/B box get more in the box to defray costs.

I know of the one other looper maker, but he developed problems with Carpal Tunnel syndrome and I think he stopped. Where are you living by the way? I know there are some european guys doing similar stuff...

Sorry I can't be more help, but hopefully someone else might have a name for you.

6. Loop-Master

Loop-Master Member

Andreas Möller is right there in Sweden. Shoot him an email. He may be able to accomodate you.

http://www.stinkfoot.se

7. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

You might try WOBO Electronics in Poland. They'll make about anything you want, though I am not sure if they have enclosures as small as the tiniest Loop-Master units. Either way, they're great to work with, do custom work (specialize in a lot of true bypass stuff, use gold plated relays, etc) and shipping won't be that expensive!

Filip Wyrwa
    International Sales Manager
    distribution@woboge.com

http://www.woboge.com (I have to hit reload for their webpages to come up)

Tell 'em Steve says hello if you call...

8. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

I'll give you a quote if you want one

hello@ajcustomfx.tk or just give me a pm.

i would love to help you

Aj

9. polifemo

polifemo Member

Thanks for the feedback guys :)

I use only true bypass pedals exept for my beloved 80´s Arion SCH-1 Chorus.
    I really don´t know it I need a looper for this one pedal, but the $35 Loopmaster pedal seemed like worth a try.
    The shipping cost made it less attractive though...

I´ll think about it.
    Thanks again!