Interesting Guns & Roses revelation.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Tylenol Jones, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Tylenol Jones

Tylenol Jones Member

Heard this on the radio on my home from work.

In a new interview, G&R's ex-manager revealed the true nature of the Axl/Slash feud. Apparently, it's rooted in the fact that during their Use Your Illusion tour, Slash wanted to take a couple of weeks off to tour with Michael Jackson. It was around that time that allegations regarding his conduct around children had surfaced. Axl believed the allegations to be true. He was understandably biased, having been the victim of sexual molestation himself, as a child.

Axl took Slash touring with MJ as support for that behavior. That's what created the gigantic rift between the two. The next part is a bit hard to believe, but the ex-manager says that the friendship could actually be salvaged if Slash were to finally apologize for having toured with MJ and admitting he was wrong to do so.

EDIT : found a link about this story - http://ultimateclassicrock.com/axl-rose-slash-michael-jackson/

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. Bunky

Bunky Member

Just a heads up, last time I posted anything about MJ being an alleged you-know-what I got a warning.

3. Tylenol Jones

Tylenol Jones Member

Thanks. I edited my post as there's no shortage of thin-skinned people here.

4. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

The manager is a liar. EVH did not get paid for his solo in Beat It, let alone get paid $1M. The rest of the story comes crashing down after. Not to mention that even though Axl has been open about his abuse, nothing even remotely similar to this has ever been uttered by either Axl or Slash. Knowing Slash, if this was truly the case, he would have apologized a long time ago and we would all be paying $500 for nosebleed GNR stadium seats. As it it, this is made up nonsense by someone looking for 20 minutes of fame.

5. madstrat

madstrat Member

i had heard that evh got a check for 4 hours at scale and that he never cashed it

6. clarkydaz

clarkydaz Member

slash said he lost respect for Axl when he made the 'dancing with mr brownstone' comment onstage. that was before 1991 so there will be countless incidents between them. slash in his book said he knew he wasn't happy about the jacko collab, but never mentioned axls reasoning, which is understandable I guess

7. Guitar Josh

Guitar Josh Resident Curmudgeon Silver Supporting Member

Still far, far, far, far, far (etc.) less than $1M. There's lots of stories about how he was compensated. One story has Jones bringing a six pack to the studio as payment. Who knows. But it's not $1M or anything near it.

8. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

That makes the most sense and as far as anything Axl ever said, it's probably BS. Having met both of them (Axl before they made it and Slash recently), Axl is definitely the least believable of the two.

9. Ampedusa

Ampedusa Member

I think this is more likely the reason -

The last time Axl and Slash shared the stage was in 1996, three years after the release of the pretentiously titled and inessential “The Spaghetti Incident?”. Actually, that was the last time they even spoke. During an interview with Piers Morgan Tonight in 2012, Slash told the host, “It wasn’t even me necessarily leaving the band, it was not continuing on with the new band that Axl put together that he was now at the helm of, which was the new Guns N’ Roses. I was given a contract to basically join his new band, and it took about 24 hours before I decided, I think this is the end of the line.” He then admitted that there’s little chance the original band reunites in full.

http://uproxx.com/music/2015/02/the...-slash-not-speaking-to-each-other-since-1996/

10. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker Member

'tis true

https://youtu.be/tKxKtqB6zAM?t=2m30s

11. cratz2

cratz2 Member

That's what I read a bit before that interview. Not saying it's true, but I figure I believe 50% of what Slash says and 1% of what Axl says.

As to the EVH getting a million for the solo, that's just lunacy. I don't remember any dollar amount, but I remember reading that Lukather got paid more for his riffing that Eddie for his soloing and if I'm not mistaken, Thriller was the album that stopped 1984 from hitting #1.

12. badhorsie551

badhorsie551 Member

Going to call bs on this story.

The manager claims this occurred in 1991 and the allegations against michAel didn't bappen until summer of 93.

13. tms13pin

tms13pin Supporting Member

I'm reading Steven Adler's book right now. What an f'd up group of people. I've read a couple of Nikki Sixx's books too. Some of the same stories appear as they were party of the same scene. Read Hagar's book too. Hagar was a boy scout compared to most of these guys. It's amazing they're still alive. They were all so messed up and strung out (admittedly), most of them didn't know what reality was at that point.

--Tom

14. riziuebru

riziuebru Member

I posted anything about MJ being an alleged you-know-what I got a warning.[​IMG]

15. raph

raph Member

That would get the original lineup back together, even Adler.

Could they still play/bring it? Really don't know.

16. donnievaz

donnievaz Member

I'd love to find out, not paying $500 though. Maybe if Hendrix was resurrected but that's about it. I'm guessing that Axl would be the only question mark as far as being able to bring it goes. Adler's playing again I believe. Slash and Duff never stopped. Don't know about Izzy but as long as he's not a personal trainwreck I'm sure he can still play.

17. procos

procos Supporting Member

In the Grouse woods or on the golf course
    The reunion is in the works. Soon.

18. Creighton

Creighton Member

Axl is the white Michael Jackson.

19. BeBop

BeBop Member

LOL, what?

MJ has more talent in his dead and decomposed little pinky than Axl Rose ever could hope to have - alive or dead.

20. procos

procos Supporting Member

In the Grouse woods or on the golf course
    Ignorant statement.