Interesting use for the Unleash?

8len8

Silver Supporting Member
When I ride my guitar volume to go from clean to distorted my band mates often complain than the clean sound is too quiet.

Has anyone tried placing a compressor in the effect loop of an Unleash to equalize the volume in that circumstance?

Dale

I have not tried that approach. I use the second channel of the Unleash as the volume boost.

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
Between your distortion source and the power amp is the ideal spot for a volume pedal, or equivalent boost/attenuator.

HoboMan

Gold Supporting Member
I have not tried that approach. I use the second channel of the Unleash as the volume boost.
This sounds like a good solution.
When you lower the volume on your guitar switch to the second channel of the Unleash and have it set to a higher volume level.

Sean413

This sounds like a good solution.
When you lower the volume on your guitar switch to the second channel of the Unleash and have it set to a higher volume level.
I have a pedal that does this for me. It works brilliently for a single channel amp.

Sean413

Yup it's a input pad with a buffer and basically you set the volume on the pedal to a clean sound when engaged. It then has a amp switch out that I send to the unleash for channel 2 which I set louder then channel 1 for to make up for the volume drop. Gives me a clean channel On my single channel amp

bcmatt

Yup it's a input pad with a buffer and basically you set the volume on the pedal to a clean sound when engaged. It then has a amp switch out that I send to the unleash for channel 2 which I set louder then channel 1 for to make up for the volume drop. Gives me a clean channel On my single channel amp
That is a great idea! Simple enough to do, but really useful, because it essentially combines two actions into one. My original plan was to roll back my guitar volume and hit the channel switch at the same time, but this runs into the problems of trying to get exactly the right cleanliness out of a quick roll back, as well as a dulling of the tone usually associated with doing so.
How is your input pad as far as retaining highs?

rickybuzz

I run a compressor and Vol. pedal in the loop of the Unleash. Works very well. It's still tough to be exactly the same volume when turned down to clean up the amp, in my case a Fargen Olde 800, but with the volume pedal that can be cured quickly and of course can be set to a louder clean level if desired. I've found the Unleash loop to be better than the loop in my amp, probably because it's post power amp.