Interesting ways of using multiple loopers

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by frank1985, Jan 25, 2015.

1. frank1985

frank1985 Member

I just purchased another Ditto x2 to add to the one I have in my FX loop. I'll now have one at the end as well as one at the start as both placements have their advantages. Is anyone else here using multiple loopers? What are the creative ways in which you personally like to work with this set up?

2. splatt

splatt david torn / splattercell Gold Supporting Member

well..... i feel kinda badly about saying this, but:
    you could simply purchase a 2nd looper which allows for more &/or different creative effects than a Ditto, to begin with.
    ???

3. michaelvincent

michaelvincent Member

I have an Akai Headrush and a DL4 that I use exclusively as a looper at the end of my chain. It's good for washes and things of that nature as I can loop a line on the HR and then record it into the DL4 set at half speed and reverse. Then I can set the DL4 back to normal speed and direction and fade in an octave up, backwards wash of sound to play over.

I've toyed with other routing ideas and the like, but I prefer them both at the end, with a Freeze in the chain as well to add in drone notes. It's a lot easier to do than to explain, I suppose, but it's great for playing solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. chuyzero

chuyzero Member

I love multiple loopers. I used to love my DL4 -> a Ditto because of the choppy / half time / reverse stuff you could experiment with and then loop what you came up with there on the DL4 on with the Ditto... rinse, wash, repeat. Got rid of the DL4 though for space and now have a Timeline -> Ditto. That's still very handy for looping a quick passage on the Timeline then looping something over that passage onto the Ditto.

And of course (as you know) the looper up front is awesome especially to find neat stuff in your pedal chain with both hands. I'm probably going to add a Wally for that.

5. frank1985

frank1985 Member

I have a Timeline in my chain as well, so I can use the loop function on that for a variation in the effects.