Internet says this is a Cover Band set list.

HomeInMyShoes

The cover band at the park was playing some songs. None on that list. John Cougar, ABBA. I didn't particularly like the guitar tone. It was too mid to bassy with not enough treble to sound right for Hurts so Good. But I thought they played well as a group. Guys singing ABBA is just weird though.

tiktok

Supporting Member
https://spinditty.com/learning/50-Songs-That-You-Need-to-Know-to-Play-in-a-Classic-Rock-Cover-Band

Article Title:
50 Rock Songs That Every Cover Band Musician Should Know
While I know maybe a third of these... what band in their right mind would use this for the night?

Some of these are so tired.
Internet actually says:

Not every band will play all of these songs, in fact some won't play any of them. I'm not suggesting that these songs should be your set list. But as a working musician I have played many gigs with bands that I had never rehearsed with or even met, and I've found in those cases that it was essential to at least know every track on this list.

Funky54

Internet actually says:

Not every band will play all of these songs, in fact some won't play any of them. I'm not suggesting that these songs should be your set list. But as a working musician I have played many gigs with bands that I had never rehearsed with or even met, and I've found in those cases that it was essential to at least know every track on this list.
So when you wrote this list were you protecting yourself in case someone posted it here?

Funky54

To me just googling and this turns up with that title... seems it's a strong suggestion that these are "good" choices. And they might have been 15 - 20 years ago. Although having the vocal range to cover all these would be tough.

I was in a band with three solid singers and a forth pretty good a harmonies, even then, even with a female, tough to do in my opinion. Most local cover bands have 1 singer. Maybe 2.

RLD

Every one of those songs is in a friend's live karaoke band song book. I think they have almost 300 songs in their book for the singers to choose from.
Yep...and when it's the audience members singing, it doesn't have to be good or right!

twotone

Cover tunes on the list that I performed with bands:
Sweet Home Alabama
Brown Eyed Girl
Mustang Sally
Tush
Rock and Roll All Night
Keep Your Hands to Yourself
Old Time Rock & Roll
Can't Get Enough
Some Kind of Wonderful

Cover tunes on the list that bands jammed but never got to perform:
Jenny Jenny (867-5309)
All Right Now
Walk This Way
You Shook Me All Night Long
Summer of '69
Sweet Child O' Mine

2HBStrat

Internet actually says:

Right...it doesn't say "this is an awesome setlist" it just says its a list of songs that people in a cover band should know...there IS a difference...

Trending Topics