1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

intervals in the ocean

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by tedm, Oct 15, 2005.

1. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

2. Bob Savage

Bob Savage Member

Interesting, and stuff...

3. KHK

KHK Silver Supporting Member

Ted,

Though I didn't have time to listen to the whole thing, this is the best clip that I have heard of yours so far for alot of reasons.

You are showing restraint in chosing what to play and you are complimenting the waves track.

You're pretty in time with the natural rhythm of the waves.

Technically, your mix is better, the guitar is not overwhelming the waves.

Though I am certain I have not heard them all, this would seem the most personal and creative of your clips of those that I have heard.

I would do a couple of things.

Add an additional melody track that shows similar restraint to add color to what you have put together in a higher register. In doing so, be faithful to the rhythm and feel of what you have already assembled.

Perhaps shorten it a bit as it is a little repetitive @ 7+ mins.

Do you enjoy this type of playing more than the covers that you have posted before?

Good job.

4. tedm

tedm Gold Supporting Member

Thanks very much KHK,

All of your points and recommendations are good ones. It's not really my track, since the ocean backing came off of a nature ocean CD, but it's really fun for me to play over.

I like both the odd time slow stuff like this, but I also like regular rock, and blues. I'm aware that I have some difficulty keeping time with standard beats and all the whiz bang techniques and speed of rock, but I still like trying to play the stuff.

I've been told many times that I sound better and more creative when I play less and slower, and of course, lower vol in the mix, but I like to play it all and would like to get better at all the styles I play.

The rhythm guitar rock timing and hitting the right notes and playing fast has been elusive for me...