Intonation question...

radiohead625

so on gibson style bridges if the guitar is intonated sharp do the saddles have to more foward or backward? In other words toward the neck(foward) or toward the stoptail (backward)?

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
on all guitars, if the fretted notes are sharp, then the string is too short, so the saddle needs to be moved away from the neck.

gmann

on all guitars, if the fretted notes are sharp, then the string is too short, so the saddle needs to be moved away from the neck.
Thanks man i need to attempt to do setups myself with my lack of funds and i don't want to mess up too bad.
In the interest of saving money I would suggest buying Dan Erlewine's Guitar Player Repair Guide. No working musician should be with out it. It will pay for itself many times over.

grungebob

if you have a tuner with a needle display or a digital display like a needle , hold it in front of you when you tune if the needle is left of center when checking intonation move the sadle towards the direction the needle is pointing and vice verser if its sharp.

In the interest of saving money I would suggest buying Dan Erlewine's Guitar Player Repair Guide. No working musician should be with out it. It will pay for itself many times over.
I do all my own stuff, and am pretty competent. However, a good book for reference is something I don't have.

I may pick one of these up myself.

Trending Topics