Intro

rstites

Hello all. I'm an old hat from several other forums: Charvel-Jackson one forever, but mostly back in the late 90s and early 00's, and Harmony-Central a decade or so back. (Usenet from the late 80's up into the 00's before that! I'm old.) Parenthood and professional moves have distanced me from my (serious) guitar playing days and forum days, but have felt the need to get back into it.

Anyhow, I'm a guitar player who grew up with all the classic Marshalls and various Charvels, Jacksons, parts-o-casters, and so forth. I cut back to about a dozen guitars and 6-7 classic amps around 2000 and haven't purchased much of anything since....no need after a certain point to add more stuff! This place probably won't help that contentment.

I've designed and built guitar pedals and guitar amps since the 1980s, on the side. (I'm an EE by profession and a college professor in the field for a day job.) I'll enjoy discussions along technical lines there.

That's probably enough introduction.

Brion

Silver Supporting Member
Welcome to TGP! Great avatar, Rainbow Rising is a great album.

rstites

Yeah, I posted on forums for years without an avatar. Then it seemed like it was too 2000 to do that anymore and I needed something that was me. My roots have lots of Blackmore and lots of RJD in them. Rainbow predates me in a way, but my best friend had an eight year older brother who got us heavily into all the late 70's hard rock. I love that stuff to this day. That's what really inspired me to pick up a guitar: that and it seemed like a great way to pick up girls! :)

Last edited:

Trending Topics