Introducing The American Ultra Series | Fender

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by TomBombadil, Nov 5, 2019.

1. s2y

s2y Member

I know! I wish they'd do another run of those.

2. jwguitar

jwguitar Supporting Member

Im not a telecaster player but I would play that!

Max Gutnik likes this.
  3. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

Yeah, maybe some combination. It's the color of the only guitar he ever uses:

[​IMG]

Kluch likes this.
  4. jdel77

jdel77 Member

The Noiseless weren't bad, just not my bag. I love Duncans, got them in nearly all my guitars!

CapnRex and cutaway like this.
  5. Airoz

Airoz Member

The OLD Ultra’s where brilliant guitars, it’s funny how the most advanced current production proper strat with anything “Leo” involved is The G&L Legacy/S500

qblue likes this.
  6. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

I have a 91 Ultra! F fender!

qblue and cutaway like this.
  7. Droptopandy

Droptopandy Supporting Member

They still think the S1 is a good idea? I found it useless.

8. valvestate

valvestate Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it that the Passing Lane "blower switch" is the same function as the "No Tone Load Pot' ?

I remember that my old 2009/2010 American Standard has that function and it just sucks... why do you want to have more treble from a bridge pickup.
    o_O

9. Bluesful

Bluesful Supporting Member

WTF is up with that Mocha Burst??

:barf:barf:barf:barf:barf

epauley and mody like this.
  10. CapnRex

CapnRex Member

1) you don't want a guitar that blows you at the touch of a button?
    2) refer to question 1.

11. mody

mody Member

:eek:

Actually I'm warming up to the series; the neck profiles are intriguing and those bound tele's do look nice. More power to Fender!

If they're using nitro finish on the necks I'm in. Are they?

12. bluegrif

bluegrif Member

I'll tell you one thing I prefer, the tinted necks. The regular clear finished necks always look a little bleached to me.

I also felt, in the Anderton's video at least (the only one I watched), the latest Noiseless pickups sounded a little nicer than the previous version. I've never tried noiseless pickups I've been happy with but I hope I get a chance to try these.

The new version of the S1 switching does seem way more useful. I'd have to own one awhile to see how much I'd actually use it. But being able to get bridge and neck together on a Strat is a common and useful mod, so there ya go.

I'm also in the camp of those for whom this combination of features aren't what I'd hand pick. But so what? Nothing is all things to all people. These seem like they'd be good, workhorse Fenders for a lot of musicians who might be in the market for something new.

Peppy, stratadp and metropolis_4 like this.
  13. burner

burner Member

Gag.
    Yanno, if *I* was in charge of Fender I think everyone would be a lot happier with the offerings, but...
    If they knew what was good for 'em, they'd hire me on and let me revamp the entire line of guitars across the board and they'd watch the bottom line increase....u know, bcuz it's not too damn hard to figure out what people want and dont want outta Fender.
    Still, they continue to tinker and tamper with the most unnecessary bullsh!t in an attempt to...i dont KNOW what..???

14. metropolis_4

metropolis_4 Member

They’ve completely changed what it does. Actually seems like the new version of it will be pretty useful.

In the HSS Strat it taps the bridge humbucker

In the SSS Strat it adds the neck pickup to bridge and bridge/middle positions

In the Tele it puts the pickups in series

I had the same thoughts. The S1 seems more useful, I prefer the neck tint, and in that video I also liked the sounds better. I also really like a few of the new color choices

bluegrif likes this.
  15. Groberts

Groberts Silver Supporting Member

I held a Fender Ultra Strat yesterday. The trem bridge was floating and riding too high so my shop rep asked if I would rather wait and until their luthier does a proper set up (today) before I plugged it in. I was more curious than anything so I opted to come back today or tomorrow. But man, the neck felt great. The body contours and sculpting are super great, the dark rosewood FB was nice and thick and had awesome rolled FB edges. Superb looking guitar and it felt great. I can't wait to hear it.

Max Gutnik, DRS and stratadp like this.
  16. BillyBoyFenderBender

BillyBoyFenderBender Member

texas tea looks cool in the flesh - doesn't photo well as it just looks black

jbat, Kluch and Groberts like this.
  17. handyman

handyman Member

I've had some of the G&L guitars that have the SSS neck + bridge switch, and it is indeed WAY more useful than a series switch. I've always wondered why Strats never had neck+bridge in the first place - its a really great sound. In fact, I end up using it way more than the standard 2 or 4 positions.

18. TheWalkingShred

TheWalkingShred Member

All of the elitists hobby players are upset with a carved heel that's finally comfortable and gives incentive to want to actually play past the 15th fret for once.

Max Gutnik likes this.
  19. John C

John C Supporting Member

Somewhat - but it also bypasses whatever your settings of the tone pot and 5-way switch and gives you the bridge humbucker at full volume. Only on the HSS models - last version of the American Deluxe (2010-2015) and the American Elite.

valvestate likes this.
  20. Cymbaline

Cymbaline Member

So it's a Strat with a slimmer neck joint? Is that it?

Gig Young likes this.