Introducing the Telstar...the PERFECT "T" and "S" style marriage!!!

rusmurf

Fender's done a few masterbuilts like this each year, but lacking alot of the specific advancements. Yuri Shishkov I think is how it's spelled, did several, they looked decent but were a ton of cash.

sinner

Looks really cool! Liking that Butterscotch, would love to see the Sunburst with Maple Neck as well.

Mowcheeba

Oh boy! That Blonde one...what a guitar! I would get it with Glendale's
"Chimemaster" Trem since I already got a Tele.

CDaughtry

I was A/Bing my blue one last night with my best Teles and best Strats. It hangs with all them, sounding exactly like a killer Tele when you want it to, and with a simple flick of the switch, sounding like the most killer Strat you can imagine.
The pickups in this thing are magical!:AOK

andygio

The guitars do look awesome - I love hybrid designs like that. Glad to hear it's really working for you Charlie!

The top half Strat/bottom half Tele reminds me of the original ESP Hybrid guitar.

or the Chandler Metro

TDJMB

Platinum Supporting Member
Love the name. And, at the risk of being super geeky, that routing is incredibly clean (it's the little things).

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
I was A/Bing my blue one last night with my best Teles and best Strats. It hangs with all them, sounding exactly like a killer Tele when you want it to, and with a simple flick of the switch, sounding like the most killer Strat you can imagine.
The pickups in this thing are magical!:AOK
I borrowed Matte's blackguard a few weeks ago for a gig with my old band with brother Jon. Police, Joe Jackson, and the Cars were the order of the day. Everyone was floored by the guitar, especially me. Sounded great, felt great, worked perfectly. Every bit as inspiring as my surf green GVCG Tele. :) :) :)

fenderbender4

Dang this just makes the GAS worse......

But I think there are options you can get such as Pickup configuration and bridge, so if you wanted a regularly angled Tele bridge it could be done.

I don't have kids yet, but anyone want to purchase rights to the firstborn in exchange for the funds of a Telstar?

Mowcheeba

the wound strings have more upper harmonic content and the unwound strings are less strident. think jimi.
Thank you for informing me. Would love to be able
to try both configurations on the same guitar.

Might try it on my Tele sometime when I have too much
time on my hands.

Last edited:

Thor

Really love it. May have to start saving my pennies for the T-bridge/S-middle/HB-neck model. The relicing on the butterscotch looks very nice as well. Also dig the reverse control layout.

Charlie and Matte - enjoy those beauties in the best of health!!

Cheers,

Edward

lv

Silver Supporting Member
Great looking guitar. Love everything about it (other than the price).

Trending Topics