Introduction

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by howlinfox, Aug 24, 2006.

1. howlinfox

howlinfox Member

Hey, I'm new here and just wanted to get into the groove here and kick things off by posting a clip. This clip was recorded live except some of the vocals were overdubbed. There are 2 guitars which were mostly panned and I am the lead. During this recording I didn't have much good equipment as I was going through a rough phase, so I am using my 95' Squire strat, which was the only guitar I had at the time, straight into a crybaby wah and marshall jcm800 2205 and vintage reissue cab. The other guitarist was using a LesPaul special into either an orange or marshall 100w head into a red 4x12 marshall cab, very meaty tone. You can hear the difference, but I don't think the squire fairs too bad. So anyway, I hope you enjoy. This was actually on our demo/album at the time entitled "Tomorrow the World, Today the Rent", which went on to secure a deal and be rerecorded and released titled "Here on the Outside". This song didn't make it, but for the most part the two are the same. So let me know what you think of how it sounds.
    http://home.comcast.net/~fsujr/07._Slo_-_Mo.mp3
    P.S.- If I ever get to transfer it, I have some great stuff I did on my 4-track, like a guitar version of "stayin' alive", among other instrumentals, that I'd love to get your opinions on. So I'll have to work on getting that stuff transfered.
    Howlinfox:dude

2. Bad Habit

Bad Habit Member

Cool melodic hard groove. Nice! I'd like to hear that rocked out "Stayin Alive" track you did.

3. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Nice stuff man
    Welcome to the board man
    I think you will find this to be a very cool hang

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

4. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Member

Catchy tune and sounds great! I found myself upping the volume and rocking out with it. Good job!
    :RoCkIn