iPad music creation apps...putting together an essential list

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by teestone, Apr 19, 2015.

1. teestone

teestone Mostly Regular Member Silver Supporting Member

I have been slowly acquiring music creation apps. Still looking for some more essential drum, synth, bass and keyboard apps to add to the stable. My guitar needs are covered...JamUp Pro, Bias, Tonestack...I really don't even use them that much. My iPad is mainly used for everything EXCEPT guitar.

It would be great to have a list of the essential music creation apps! There is an older thread with lots of good information in it but its a couple years old. An updated list would be awesome!

Here's what I have so far...

Drum: Beatmaker 2 (deep MPC style app...also used as DAW), DM1 (step sequencer for the most part)

Synth: Sunrizer (awesome app), Thor (another solid app), Alchemy (doesn't seem to exist anymore...bummer...really fun)

Other: Loopy HD (fun but my RC-300 has it beat), Audiobus (essential for interapp functions), Final Touch (never really used, bought on sale)

A few that I'm contemplating are Animoog, although I've read some poor reviews lately. Impaktor (drum synth) is another on the radar as well as Magellan (synth).

I wonder if we can put together an essential list. I know it would be helpful for me and many other iPad users!

2. cjcayea

cjcayea cool as a cucumber in a bowl of hot sauce Supporting Member

fm4 is a cool synth. no filter though.

also, check out audiomux. it sends audio through usb

3. sven karma

sven karma Member

4. TheRockDoc

TheRockDoc Member

I use JamUp (Positive Grid) live all the time and it sounds great, and sound great recording as well. Free version was great and I have less than 100 into almost full blown apps

5. Neer

Neer Member

DrumPerfect

6. CyberFerret

CyberFerret Member

Bad reviews for Animoog??? Possibly from people who don't know how to use synths, or expect it to work like a normal keyboard.

Animoog is my #1 music creation app on the iPad. The other you mention are also really cool and used quite often. Impaktor is a whole lot of fun. I used the two of them on this clip:

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/cyberferret/the-martian-plains[/soundcloud]