iPhone Music Memos.....any love?

randombastage

Gold Supporting Member
I use it to capture ideas that I sometimes remember to listen to later and revisit etc. It even follows the chord progression and lays down a drum track and bass line if you elect to let it.

Well just now I was playing with tweaking some of my favorite regular presets and saving them for headphones and came up with this old school sounding riff on an AC30 preset and usually would save it in Music Memos but I was having to stay quiet in headphones so I figured I couldn't capture he idea and it would be long forgotten by morning...
Then I decided it was worth trying to lay the iPhone down on the table between the headphones and try to play it by leaning over the table to hear what I was doing. I have to say it came out sounding better than it does wearing the damn headphones. It has a definite lo-fi quality to it but it fits the character of the tune. Someone who actually does this stuff for a living should try it and see if a track or two makes the cut for final mix!

EDIT to add: Scratch that, I just listened to it through headphones after copying it to my laptop instead of through the iPhone speakers and it sounds like crap, bass heavy and muffled. On the bright side I now know how to make my modeler sound like an 'iPhone in the room' lol

But Music Memos is a cool looper app for saving ideas!

Last edited:

FigMusic

Stellar app for capturing ideas and brilliant that you’re able to bounce to Garage Band or Logic. I hope Apple keeps it around.

I have been able to use it lay down about a few dozen Ideas or band jam sessions in my library. Now the hard work is figuring out which ones to finish.

stratoskier

I have a related question, and I apologize in advance because this is kind of a dummy one:

What app do you folks use for just playing/storing backing tracks? I have a pile of mp3 and wav files that I want to transfer to my phone, but I don't know a) how to send them there from my laptop and b) what app to play them from.

I believe that iTunes remains an option, but for some reason that program has always frustrated me with its (for me) non-intuitive interface and other baffling features.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

BWebb

Wish I knew about this before. I just use voice memos but this sounds like it would be pretty cool. Unfortunately it’s not available to download anymore. Anyone know if there is still a way to get it?

Goo Fighters

I have a related question, and I apologize in advance because this is kind of a dummy one:

What app do you folks use for just playing/storing backing tracks? I have a pile of mp3 and wav files that I want to transfer to my phone, but I don't know a) how to send them there from my laptop and b) what app to play them from.

I believe that iTunes remains an option, but for some reason that program has always frustrated me with its (for me) non-intuitive interface and other baffling features.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

I use the files app and transfer to "on my iPad".

jammybastard

"I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."
I‘ve been using it since it came out.
AMAZING app.
Nothing else like it on the market.
Records, figures out tempo and key, you can add bass and drums...so cool.

I’ve written so many songs with it, made so many demos that I then moved to GB/Logic to flesh out.
So few musician friends of mine knew about it even though they were ipad/iphone owners.
Apple never really promoted it and now it’s gone.
Very sad.

sahhas

is there anything like it that you can download now? i don't see it as an option on my iphone 11.
just wondering!!!

Top Bottom